Fax: (713) 563-4243
Costs of uncontrolled chemotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting among working-age cancer patients receiving highly or moderately emetogenic chemotherapy
Article first published online: 13 JUN 2007
Copyright © 2007 American Cancer Society
Volume 110, Issue 3, pages 678–685, 1 August 2007
How to Cite
Tina Shih, Y.-C., Xu, Y. and Elting, L. S. (2007), Costs of uncontrolled chemotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting among working-age cancer patients receiving highly or moderately emetogenic chemotherapy. Cancer, 110: 678–685. doi: 10.1002/cncr.22823
- Issue published online: 18 JUL 2007
- Article first published online: 13 JUN 2007
- Manuscript Accepted: 2 APR 2007
- Manuscript Revised: 22 MAR 2007
- Manuscript Received: 14 DEC 2006
- MGI Pharma Inc
- 7Improved prevention of moderately emetogenic chemotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting with palonosetron, a pharmacologically novel 5-HT3 receptor antagonist: results of a phase III, single-dose trial versus dolasetron. Cancer. 2003; 98: 2473–2482., , , et al.
- 8Palonosetron improves prevention of chemotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting following moderately emetogenic chemotherapy: results of a double-blind randomized phase III trial comparing single doses of palonosetron with ondansetron. Ann Oncol. 2003; 14: 1570–1577., , , et al.
- 10The oral neurokinin-1 antagonist aprepitant for the prevention of chemotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting: a multinational, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial in patients receiving high-dose cisplatin–the Aprepitant Protocol 052 Study Group. J Clin Oncol. 2003; 21: 4112–4119., , , et al.
- 11Addition of the neurokinin 1 receptor antagonist aprepitant to standard antiemetic therapy improves control of chemotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting. Results from a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial in Latin America. Cancer. 2003; 97: 3090–3098., , , et al.
- 12National Comprehensive Cancer Network. Antiemesis: clinical practice guidelines in oncology v1. 2005. Available at URL: http://www.nccn.org/professionals/physician_gls/PDF/antiemesis.pdf Accessed on January 2, 2006.
- 13The Antiemetic Subcommittee of the Multinational Association of Supportive Care in Cancer (MASCC). Prevention of chemotherapy- and radiotherapy-induced emesis: results of the 2004 Perugia International Antiemetic Consensus Conference. Ann Oncol. 2006; 17: 20–28., , .
- 16Preventing chemotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting: the economic implications of choosing antiemetics. Commun Oncol. 2005; 2: 127–132., , , .
- 20Thomas Medstat. 1997–2002 MarketScan Health and Productivity Management Database User Guide and Data Dictionary. Ann Arbor, MI: Thomas Medstat; 2003.
- 21MASCC. Antiemetic Guidelines, vol. 2007. Perugia, 2005. Available at URL: http://www.mascc.org/media/Resource_centers/MASCC_Guidelines_Update_9_05.pdf Accessed on February 27, 2007.
- 26Bureau of Labor Statistics. National Compensation Survey: Occupational Wages in the United States, 1997–2002. Available at URL: http://www.bls.gov/ncs/ncspubs.htm#Compensation Accessed on December 22, 2005.
- 27Bureau of Labor Statistics. Consumer Price Index — Urban Wage Earners and Clerical Workers. Available at URL: http://data.bls.gov/cgi-bin/surveymost Accessed on December 22, 2005.
- 28The interpretation of dummy variables in semilogarithmic equations. Am Econ Rev. 1980; 70: 474–475., .