Fax: (011) 44 (0)20-7848 3764.
A randomized controlled trial to evaluate the effectiveness of a brief, behaviorally oriented intervention for cancer-related fatigue
Version of Record online: 27 JUL 2007
Copyright © 2007 American Cancer Society
Volume 110, Issue 6, pages 1385–1395, 15 September 2007
How to Cite
Armes, J., Chalder, T., Addington-Hall, J., Richardson, A. and Hotopf, M. (2007), A randomized controlled trial to evaluate the effectiveness of a brief, behaviorally oriented intervention for cancer-related fatigue. Cancer, 110: 1385–1395. doi: 10.1002/cncr.22923
- Issue online: 31 AUG 2007
- Version of Record online: 27 JUL 2007
- Manuscript Accepted: 14 MAY 2007
- Manuscript Revised: 1 MAY 2007
- Manuscript Received: 8 MAR 2007
- Cancer Research UK Nursing Research Training Fellowship. Grant Numbers: CP1052/0101, C1428/A180
- 1National Comprehensive Cancer Network. Clinical Practice Guidelines in Oncology: Cancer-related Fatigue. Version 1.2007. Available at URL: http://www.nccn.org Accessed February 1, 2007.
- 2Mechanisms and models of fatigue associated with cancer: evidence of preclinical and clinical studies. In: ArmesJ,KrishnasamyM,HigginsonIJ, eds. Fatigue in Cancer. Oxford, United Kingdom: Oxford University Press; 2004: 51–87., , , , .
- 6Management of Cancer Symptoms: Pain, Depression and Fatigue. Evidence Report/Technology Assessment no. 61. AHRQ Publication no. 02-E032. Rockville, Md: Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality; 2002., , , et al.
- 11Cognitive behavior therapy for chronic fatigue syndrome: a randomised controlled trial. Am J Psychiatry. 1997; 153: 408–414., , , .
- 16In-patient treatment for chronic fatigue syndrome. Behav Psychother. 1996; 24: 351–365., , .
- 20Investigating the ‘active ingredients’ of cognitive behavioural therapy and counselling for patients with chronic fatigue in primary care: developing a new process measure to assess treatment fidelity and predict outcome. Br J Clin Psychol. In press., , , et al.
- 21Evaluating patient-based outcome measures for use in clinical trials. Health Technol Assess. 1998; 2: 14,1–74., , , .
- 22The EORTC-QLQ-30: a quality of life instrument for use in international clinical trials in oncology. [abstract]. Qual Life Res. 1993; 2: 51..
- 29Reliable estimation of generalized linear mixed models using adaptive quadrature. Stata J. 2002; 2: 1–21., , .
- 30Practical Statistics for Medical Research. London, United Kingdom: Chapman & Hall; 1991..
- 34Fatigue and depression in cancer patients: conceptual and clinical issues. In: ArmesJ,KrishnasamyM,HigginsonIJ, eds. Fatigue in Cancer. Oxford, United Kingdom: Oxford University Press; 2004: 223–241., .