Fred Saad and Richard Cook are on the advisory board of and receive honoraria from Novartis. Richard Cook and Robert Coleman serve as consultants to Novartis, and Robert Coleman also receives honoraria from Novartis. Allan Lipton is a consultant to and receives honoraria from Amgen and Novartis. Yen-Miao Chen is an employee of Novartis. Matthew R. Smith serves as a consultant to Novartis Oncology, Amgen, and GTX.
Pathologic fractures correlate with reduced survival in patients with malignant bone disease
Version of Record online: 30 AUG 2007
Copyright © 2007 American Cancer Society
Volume 110, Issue 8, pages 1860–1867, 15 October 2007
How to Cite
Saad, F., Lipton, A., Cook, R., Chen, Y.-M., Smith, M. and Coleman, R. (2007), Pathologic fractures correlate with reduced survival in patients with malignant bone disease. Cancer, 110: 1860–1867. doi: 10.1002/cncr.22991
- Issue online: 19 SEP 2007
- Version of Record online: 30 AUG 2007
- Manuscript Accepted: 11 JUN 2007
- Manuscript Revised: 29 MAY 2007
- Manuscript Received: 26 MAR 2007
- Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corp., East Hanover, New Jersey
- 3Bone metastases. In: AbeloffMD, ArmitageJO, NiederhuberJE, KastanMB, McKennaWG, eds. Clinical Oncology. 3rd ed. New York: Churchill Livingstone; 2004: 1091–1128., .
- 8Long-term efficacy and safety of zoledronic acid in the treatment of skeletal metastases in patients with nonsmall cell lung carcinoma and other solid tumors: a randomized, phase III, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial. Cancer. 2004; 100: 2613–2621., , , et al.
- 13Pamidronate prevents skeletal complications and is effective palliative treatment in women with breast carcinoma and osteolytic bone metastases: long term follow-up of 2 randomized, placebo-controlled trials. Cancer. 2000; 88: 1082–1090., , , et al.
- 15Long-term efficacy and safety of zoledronic acid compared with pamidronate disodium in the treatment of skeletal complications in patients with advanced multiple myeloma or breast carcinoma: a randomized, double-blind, multicenter, comparative trial. Cancer. 2003; 98: 1735–1744., , , et al.
- 16Continuing benefit of zoledronic acid for the prevention of skeletal complications in breast cancer patients with bone metastases [abstract]. Breast. 2005; 14: S44., , , et al.
- 20Zoledronic acid versus placebo in the treatment of skeletal metastases in patients with lung cancer and other solid tumors: a phase III, double-blind, randomized trial—the Zoledronic Acid Lung Cancer and Other Solid Tumors Study Group. J Clin Oncol. 2003; 21: 3150–3157., , , et al.
- 26Medical consequences of osteoporotic vertebral compression fractures. Instr Course Lect. 2003; 52: 551–558..
- 34Preclinical pharmacology of GCP 42′466, a new, potent, heterocyclic bisphosphonate compound. J Bone Miner Res. 1994; 9: 747–751., , .