Fax: (011) 61 2 9515 9091
Health professional and consumer views on involving breast cancer patients in the multidisciplinary discussion of their disease and treatment plan
Version of Record online: 6 SEP 2007
Copyright © 2007 American Cancer Society
Volume 110, Issue 9, pages 1937–1944, 1 November 2007
How to Cite
Butow, P., Harrison, J. D., Choy, E. T., Young, J. M., Spillane, A. and Evans, A. (2007), Health professional and consumer views on involving breast cancer patients in the multidisciplinary discussion of their disease and treatment plan. Cancer, 110: 1937–1944. doi: 10.1002/cncr.23007
- Issue online: 18 OCT 2007
- Version of Record online: 6 SEP 2007
- Manuscript Accepted: 17 JUL 2007
- Manuscript Revised: 30 MAY 2007
- Manuscript Received: 15 MAR 2007
- 1National Health & Medical Research Council (NHMRC). Clinical Practice Guidelines for the Management of Early Breast Cancer. 2nd ed. Canberra, Australia: NHMRC; 2001.
- 2National Comprehensive Cancer Network (NCCN) & American Cancer Society (ACS). Breast Cancer Treatment Guidelines for Patients: Version VIII. Jenkintown, PA: NCCN & ACS; 2006.
- 5European Society of Mastology. Breast Unit Guidelines. Available at URL: http://www.eusoma.org/Engx/Breast Units/Guideline.aspx?cont=sub7 Accessed on May 21, 2007.
- 7National Breast Cancer Centre. Multidisciplinary Meetings for Cancer Care: A Guide for Health Service Providers. New South Wales Australia: National Breast Cancer Centre; 2005. Available at URL: www.nbcc.org.au
- 12National Breast Cancer Centre (NBCC). Multidisciplinary Care in Australia: A National Demonstration Project in Breast Cancer. New South Wales, Australia: NBCC; 2003. Available at URL: www.nbcc.org.au
- 17Applied Logistic Regression. New York: John Wiley & Sons; 1989., .
- 18National Health & Medical Research Council. General Guidelines for Medical Practitioners on Providing Information to Patients. Canberra, Australia: NHMRC; 2004. Available at URL: http://www.nhmrc.gov.au/publications/_files/e57.pdf
- 19State Government of Victoria. Victorian public hospital patient charter. Available at URL: http://www.health.vic. gov.au/patientcharter/patient.htm Accessed on May 21, 2007.
- 20Health Care Quality Commission. Consumer Bill of Rights and Responsibilities. Available at URL: http://www. hcqualitycommission.gov/cborr/chap4.html Accessed on May 21, 2007.
- 21American Cancer Society (ACS). Breast Cancer Facts & Figures 2005–2006. Atlanta: ACS; 2005.
- 22National Breast Cancer Centre. Information about the new MBS items for multidisciplinary cancer care. Available at URL: http://www.nbcc.org.au/bestpractice/resources/MDCC_informationaboutthen.pdf Accessed on May 21, 2007.