Fax: (011) 033 478 78 27 16.
Medroxyprogesterone, interferon alfa-2a, interleukin 2, or combination of both cytokines in patients with metastatic renal carcinoma of intermediate prognosis†‡§¶
Results of a randomized controlled trial
Article first published online: 11 OCT 2007
Copyright © 2007 American Cancer Society
Volume 110, Issue 11, pages 2448–2457, 1 December 2007
How to Cite
Negrier, S., Perol, D., Ravaud, A., Chevreau, C., Bay, J.-O., Delva, R., Sevin, E., Caty, A. and Escudier, B. (2007), Medroxyprogesterone, interferon alfa-2a, interleukin 2, or combination of both cytokines in patients with metastatic renal carcinoma of intermediate prognosis. Cancer, 110: 2448–2457. doi: 10.1002/cncr.23056
See related editorial on pages 000–000, this issue.
This study was funded by the French Ministry of Health (PHRC #P717), the Association for Research Against Cancer (grant #5112), Roche France, and Chiron France. No representative from the funding sources participated at any stage of the trial, from either design to publication.
Results were presented in part as an oral presentation at the American Society of Clinical Oncology 2005 Annual Meeting, Orlando, Florida, May 13–17, 2005.
The following persons also participated in the PERCY Quattro study. Investigators: E. M. Neidhart, S. Abadie, G. Deplanque, O. Rixe, D. Mayeur, L. Geoffrois, N. Tubiana, D. Genet, A. Grandgirard, F. Rolland, J. M. Tourani, T. Lesimple, B. Laguerre, X. S. Sun, U. Stein, O. Boulat, P. Fargeot, E. Legouffe, L. Mignot, F. Priou, M. Flesch, A. Darut-Jouve, M. Mousseau, F. Ringeisen, N. Boullanger, M. A. Coulon, F. Rousseau, J. C. Eymard, A. C. Hardy, B. Sautois, J. P. Malhaire, F. Kohser, E. Khenifar, Y. Goubely, B. Leduc, E. Mallaurie, J. L. Bonnal, A. Goupil, C. Linassier, G. Netter-Pinon, P. H. Cottu, I. Mechin, D. Larregain. Coordinating center and statistics: S. Chabaud, E. Blanc, I. Calmes, C. Ferlay, F. Gomez, S. Tanguy, S. Dussart. Independent review committee: B. Asselain, V. J. Bardou, F. Chauvin (statisticians); P. Piedbois, I. Tannock (medical oncologists). We are indebted to M. D. Reynaud for editorial help
- Issue published online: 19 NOV 2007
- Article first published online: 11 OCT 2007
- Manuscript Accepted: 14 MAY 2007
- Manuscript Received: 22 MAR 2007
- French Ministry of Health. Grant Number: PHRC #P717
- Association for Research Against Cancer. Grant Number: #5112
- Roche France
- Chiron France
- 4Immunotherapy for advanced renal cell cancer. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 1: CD001425; 2005., , , et al.
- 14Common Toxicity Criteria version 2.0. Bethesda, Md: National Institutes of Health, National Cancer Institute; March 1998.
- 18Regression models and life tables (with discussion). J R Stat Soc Ser B. 1972; 34: 187–202..
- 21Modeling survival data: extending the Cox model. New York: Springer-Verlag; 2000., .
- 31Adjuvant treatment with interleukin-2 - and interferon-alpha2a-based chemoimmunotherapy in renal cell carcinoma post tumour nephrectomy: results of a prospectively randomised trial of the German Cooperative Renal Carcinoma Chemoimmunotherapy Group (DGCIN). Br J Cancer. 2005; 92: 843–846., , , et al.
- 34Adjuvant therapy of renal cell cancer with interferon alpha-2a [abstract]. Proc Am Soc Clin Oncol. 1992; 11: 202. Abstract 622..