Fax: (011) 39 06 5914745
Consolidation and maintenance immunotherapy with rituximab improve clinical outcome in patients with B-cell chronic lymphocytic leukemia†
Article first published online: 12 NOV 2007
Copyright © 2007 American Cancer Society
Volume 112, Issue 1, pages 119–128, 1 January 2008
How to Cite
Del Poeta, G., Del Principe, M. I., Buccisano, F., Maurillo, L., Capelli, G., Luciano, F., Perrotti, A. P., Degan, M., Venditti, A., de Fabritiis, P., Gattei, V. and Amadori, S. (2008), Consolidation and maintenance immunotherapy with rituximab improve clinical outcome in patients with B-cell chronic lymphocytic leukemia. Cancer, 112: 119–128. doi: 10.1002/cncr.23144
Presented in part at the 48th Annual Meeting of the American Society of Hematology, Orlando, Florida, December 9–12, 2006.
- Issue published online: 17 DEC 2007
- Article first published online: 12 NOV 2007
- Manuscript Accepted: 9 AUG 2007
- Manuscript Revised: 2 AUG 2007
- Manuscript Received: 16 MAY 2007
- Italian Ministry of University, Research, Science, and Technology Program, 2005
- 12Randomized phase II study of fludarabine with concurrent versus sequential treatment with rituximab in symptomatic, untreated patients with B-cell chronic lymphocytic leukemia: results from Cancer and Leukemia Group B 9712 (CALGB 9712). Blood. 2003; 101: 6–14., , , et al.
- 17Maximizing therapeutic benefit of rituximab maintenance therapy versus re-treatment at progression in patients with indolent non-Hodgkin's lymphoma—a randomized phase II trial of the Minnie Pearl Cancer Research Network. J Clin Oncol. 2005; 23: 1088–1095., , , et al.
- 19Rituximab maintenance improves clinical outcome of relapsed/resistant follicular non-Hodgkin lymphoma in patients both with and without rituximab during induction: results of a prospective randomized phase 3 intergroup trial. Blood. 2006; 1086: 3295–3301., , , et al.
- 20Maintenance rituximab after CVP results in superior clinical outcome in advanced follicular lymphoma (FL): results of the E1496 phase III trial from the Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group and the Cancer and Leukemia Group B. [abstract]. Blood. 2005; 106: 106a., , , et al.
- 21Maintenance therapy with rituximab leads to a significant prolongation of response after salvage therapy with a combination of rituximab, fludarabine, cyclophosphamide, and mitoxantrone (R-FCM) in patients with recurring and refractory follicular and mantle cell lymphomas: results of a prospective randomized study of the German Low Grade Lymphoma Study Group (GLSG). Blood. 2006; 108: 4003–4008., , , et al.
- 28National Cancer Institute Sponsored Working Group Guidelines for chronic lymphocytic leukemia: revised guidelines for diagnosis and treatment. Blood. 1996; 29: 4990–4997., , , , , , .
- 36Rituximab therapy in hematologic malignancy patients with circulating blood tumor cells: association with increased infusion-related side effects and rapid blood tumor clearance. J Clin Oncol. 1999; 27: 791–795., , , et al.
- 41Consolidation and maintenance immunotherapy with rituximab improves progression free survival within ZAP-70 positive chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL). [abstract]. Blood. 2006; 108: 799a., , , et al.