Fax: (202) 444-2886
Version of Record online: 10 DEC 2007
Copyright © 2007 American Cancer Society
Volume 112, Issue S3, pages 723–729, 1 February 2008
How to Cite
Eng-Wong, J. and Zujewski, J. A. (2008), Current NCI-sponsored Cooperative Group trials of endocrine therapies in breast cancer. Cancer, 112: 723–729. doi: 10.1002/cncr.23188
Presented at Endocrine and Targeted Manipulation of Breast Cancer: Proceedings of the Sixth Cambridge Conference, April 30–May 1, 2007, Cambridge, Massachusetts.
This is a US government work and, as such, is in the public domain. Published 2008 by the American Cancer Society.
- Issue online: 18 JAN 2008
- Version of Record online: 10 DEC 2007
- Manuscript Accepted: 2 OCT 2007
- Manuscript Revised: 20 SEP 2007
- Manuscript Received: 30 JUL 2007
- 2NCCN Clinical Practice Guidelines in Oncology (Version 2.2007). Available from: http://www.nccn.org/physician_gls/f_guidelines.html [Accessed May 7, 2007.]
- 6A randomized, placebo-controlled explorative study to investigate the effect of low estrogen plasma levels on markers of bone turnover in healthy postmenopausal women during the 12-week treatment with exemestane or letrozole #267 San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2002; 76( suppl 1): S76., , , , , .
- 8Preclinical modeling of endocrine response and resistance: focus on aromatase inhibitors. Cancer 2008; 112( 3 suppl): 681–690., , .
- 10The ATAC (Arimidex, Tamoxifen Alone or in Combination) Trialists' Group. Anastrozole alone or in combination with tamoxifen versus tamoxifen alone for adjuvant treatment of postmenopausal women with early stage breast cancer: results of the ATAC (Arimidex, Tamoxifen Alone Or In Combination) trial efficacy and safety update analyses. Cancer. 2003; 98: 1802–1810., , , et al; and
- 16Pharmacogenomics of tamoxifen and aromatase inhibitors. Cancer 2008; 112( suppl 3): 697–701..
- 18http://www.toptenresearch.org. Accessed May 2, 2007.. The top ten research priorities in translational research in breast cancer [website]. Available at:
- 33Concurrent (CAFT) versus sequential (CAF-T) chemohormonal therapy (cyclophosphamide, doxorubicin, 5-fluorouracil, tamoxifen) versus T alone for postmenopausal, node-positive, estrogen (ER) and/or progesterone (PgR) receptor-positive breast cancer: mature outcomes and new biologic correlates on phase III intergroup trial 0100 (SWOG-8814)[abstract]. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2004; 88( suppl 1): A-37., , et al.
- 35Benefit from exemestane (EXE) as extended adjuvant therapy after five years of tamoxifen (TAM): intent-to-treat analysis of NSABP B-33. Presented at the 29th Annual San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium, December 14–17, 2006, San Antonio, Texas. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2006; 100( suppl 1): S22., , , et al.
- 37Randomized, controlled trial of cyclophosphamide, methotrexate, and fluorouracil versus cyclophosphamide, doxorubicin, and fluorouracil with and without tamoxifen for high-risk, node-negative breast cancer: treatment results of Intergroup Protocol INT-0102. J Clin Oncol. 2005; 23: 8313–8321., , , et al.