Fax: (410) 706-0032
Preclinical modeling of endocrine response and resistance†
Focus on aromatase inhibitors
Article first published online: 10 DEC 2007
Copyright © 2007 American Cancer Society
Volume 112, Issue S3, pages 679–688, 1 February 2008
How to Cite
Macedo, L. F., Sabnis, G. and Brodie, A. (2008), Preclinical modeling of endocrine response and resistance. Cancer, 112: 679–688. doi: 10.1002/cncr.23191
Presented at Endocrine and Targeted Manipulation of Breast Cancer: Proceedings of the Sixth Cambridge Conference, Cambridge, Massachusetts, April 30–May 1, 2007.
- Issue published online: 18 JAN 2008
- Article first published online: 10 DEC 2007
- Manuscript Accepted: 2 OCT 2007
- Manuscript Revised: 25 SEP 2007
- Manuscript Received: 30 JUL 2007
- National Institutes of Health. Grant Number: CA-62483
- 7Toremifene-atamestane; alone or in combination: predictions from the preclinical intratumoral aromatase model. J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol. 2007 Sep 7; [Epub ahead of print]., , , , , .
- 8Effects of combining the aromatase inhibitor anastrozole with fulvestrant in the intratumoral aromatase model. In: American Association for Cancer Research Annual Meeting Proceedings; Los Angeles, Calif, April 14–18. Philadelphia, Pa: AACR; 2007 Abstract 992. Available from URL: http://www.abstractsonline.com/viewer/searchresults.asp Accessed June 15, 2007., , , et al.
- 9The effect of second-line antiestrogen therapy on breast tumor growth after first-line treatment with the aromatase inhibitor letrozole: long-term studies using the intratumoral aromatase postmenopausal breast cancer model. Clin Cancer Res. 2002; 8: 2378–2388., , , .
- 11Anastrozole alone or in combination with tamoxifen versus tamoxifen alone for adjuvant treatment of postmenopausal women with early breast cancer: first results of the ATAC randomized trial. Lancet. 2002; 59: 2131–2139., , , et al.
- 19Trastuzumab increases sensitivity of hormone dependent and hormone refractory breast cancer cells to endocrine agents. In: American Association of Cancer Research 100th Annual Meeting Proceedings. Los Angeles, CA, April 14–18, 2007. Abstract 991., , , .