Nigel J. Bundred has received honoraria from Novartis, AstraZeneca, and Pfizer for attending advisory board meetings and presenting lectures. Richard H. DeBoer has received honoraria from Novartis.
Effective inhibition of aromatase inhibitor-associated bone loss by zoledronic acid in postmenopausal women with early breast cancer receiving adjuvant letrozole
ZO-FAST study results
Article first published online: 18 JAN 2008
Copyright © 2008 American Cancer Society
Volume 112, Issue 5, pages 1001–1010, March 2008
How to Cite
Bundred, N. J., Campbell, I. D., Davidson, N., DeBoer, R. H., Eidtmann, H., Monnier, A., Neven, P., von Minckwitz, G., Miller, J. C., Schenk, N. L. and Coleman, R. E. (2008), Effective inhibition of aromatase inhibitor-associated bone loss by zoledronic acid in postmenopausal women with early breast cancer receiving adjuvant letrozole. Cancer, 112: 1001–1010. doi: 10.1002/cncr.23259
- Issue published online: 19 FEB 2008
- Article first published online: 18 JAN 2008
- Manuscript Accepted: 6 SEP 2007
- Manuscript Revised: 4 SEP 2007
- Manuscript Received: 2 JUL 2007
- Novartis. Grant Number: 2006-002783-25
- 2WHO Scientific Group. Prevention and management of osteoporosis. World Health Organization Technical Report Series. 2003; 921: 1–192.
- 5Breast International Group (BIG) 1–98 Collaborative Group; , , , et al. A comparison of letrozole and tamoxifen in postmenopausal women with early breast cancer. N Engl J Med. 2005; 353: 2747–2757. Erratum in:N Engl J Med.2006;354:2200. Wardly, Andrew [corrected to Wardley, Andrew].
- 6Intergroup Exemestane Study. A randomized trial of exemestane after two to three years of tamoxifen therapy in postmenopausal women with primary breast cancer. N Engl J Med. 2004; 350: 1081–1092. Erratum in:N Engl J Med.2004;351:2461;N Engl J Med.2006;355:1746. van de Velde, Cornelius [added]., , , et al.
- 9ATAC Trialists' Group. Effect of anastrozole on bone mineral density: five-year results from the Arimidex, Tamoxifen, Alone or in Combination (ATAC) Trial. Presented at the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO), Atlanta, Georgia, June 2–6, 2006. Abstract 511., on behalf of the
- 10Austrian Breast and Colorectal Cancer Study Group. Zoledronic acid prevents cancer treatment-induced bone loss in premenopausal women receiving adjuvant endocrine therapy for hormone-responsive breast cancer: a report from the Austrian Breast and Colorectal Cancer Study Group. J Clin Oncol. 2007; 25: 820–828., , , et al.
- 17Common Toxicity Criteria v3.0 (CTC): National Cancer Institute: Bethesda, MD. Available at: http://ctep.info.nih.gov/reporting/CTC-3.html. Accessed December 3, 2005.
- 23NOF National Osteoporosis Foundation. Physician's guide to prevention and treatment of osteoporosis. Available at URL: http//:www.nof/org
- 25Intergroup Exemestane Study group. Skeletal effects of exemestane on bone-mineral density, bone biomarkers, and fracture incidence in postmenopausal women with early breast cancer participating in the Intergroup Exemestane Study (IES): a randomised controlled study. Lancet Oncol. 2007; 8: 119–127., , et al.
- 26ATAC Trialists'Group. Effect of an aromatase inhibitor on BMD and bone turnover markers: 2-year results of the Anastrozole, Tamoxifen, Alone or in Combination (ATAC) trial (18233230). J Bone Miner Res. 2006; 21: 1215–1223., , , , , ;