Fred R. Hirsch has participated on advisory boards and received honoraria from AstraZeneca. Helen Mann owns stock in AstraZeneca and has received honoraria and research support from AstraZeneca, Roche, Lily, and Sanofi-Aventis. Claire Watkins, Georgina Speake, and Brian Holloway own stock in AstraZeneca.
Epidermal growth factor receptor immunohistochemistry
Comparison of antibodies and cutoff points to predict benefit from gefitinib in a phase 3 placebo-controlled study in advanced nonsmall-cell lung cancer
Article first published online: 24 JAN 2008
Copyright © 2008 American Cancer Society
Volume 112, Issue 5, pages 1114–1121, March 2008
How to Cite
Hirsch, F. R., Dziadziuszko, R., Thatcher, N., Mann, H., Watkins, C., Parums, D. V., Speake, G., Holloway, B., Bunn, P. A. and Franklin, W. A. (2008), Epidermal growth factor receptor immunohistochemistry. Cancer, 112: 1114–1121. doi: 10.1002/cncr.23282
- Issue published online: 19 FEB 2008
- Article first published online: 24 JAN 2008
- Manuscript Accepted: 7 SEP 2007
- Manuscript Revised: 16 AUG 2007
- Manuscript Received: 1 JUN 2007
- Specialized Program of Research Excellence. Grant Number: P01-CA58187
- 4Gefitinib plus best supportive care in previously treated patients with refractory advanced non-small-cell lung cancer: results from a randomised, placebo-controlled, multicentre study (Iressa Survival Evaluation in Lung Cancer). Lancet. 2005; 366: 1527–1537., , , et al.
- 9Evaluation of epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) as a predictive marker in patients with non-small-cell lung cancer (NSCLC) receiving first-line gefitinib combined with platinum-based chemotherapy [abstract]. J Clin Oncol. 2004; 22: 7013., , , et al.
- 11Tumor EGFR membrane staining is not clinically relevant for predicting response in patients receiving gefitinib (‘Iressa’, ZD1939) monotherapy for pretreated advanced non-small-cell lung cancer: IDEAL1 and 2 [abstract]. Proc Am Assoc Cancer Res. 2003; 44: LB–212., , , et al.
- 13Randomized phase II study of cetuximab in combination with cisplatin (C) and vinorelbine (V) vs. CV alone in the first-line treatment of patients (pts) with epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR)-expressing advanced non-small-cell lung cancer (NSCLC) [abstract]. J Clin Oncol. 2004; 22( suppl 14S): 7012., , , et al.
- 21Increased epidermal growth factor receptor gene copy number detected by fluorescence in situ hybridization associates with increased sensitivity to gefitinib in patients with bronchioloalveolar carcinoma subtypes: a Southwest Oncology Group Study. J Clin Oncol. 2005; 23: 6838–6845., , , et al.
- 23Determination of HER2 gene amplification by fluorescence in situ hybridization and concordance with the clinical trials immunohistochemical assay in women with metastatic breast cancer evaluated for treatment with trastuzumab. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2005; 93: 3–11., , , et al.