Fax: (604) 877-0585.
Risk of early recurrence among postmenopausal women with estrogen receptor-positive early breast cancer treated with adjuvant tamoxifen†
Article first published online: 19 FEB 2008
Copyright © 2008 American Cancer Society
Volume 112, Issue 7, pages 1437–1444, 1 April 2008
How to Cite
Kennecke, H., McArthur, H., Olivotto, I. A., Speers, C., Bajdik, C., Chia, S. K., Ellard, S., Norris, B., Hayes, M., Barnett, J. and Gelmon, K. A. (2008), Risk of early recurrence among postmenopausal women with estrogen receptor-positive early breast cancer treated with adjuvant tamoxifen. Cancer, 112: 1437–1444. doi: 10.1002/cncr.23320
Presented in part at the 28th Annual San Antonio Breast Cancer Conference, San Antonio, Texas, December 7–11, 2005.
- Issue published online: 19 MAR 2008
- Article first published online: 19 FEB 2008
- Manuscript Accepted: 26 OCT 2007
- Manuscript Revised: 21 OCT 2007
- Manuscript Received: 29 JUN 2007
- 13Effects of improvements in chemotherapy on disease-free and overall survival of estrogen-receptor negative, node-positive breast cancer: 20-year experience of the CALGB and U.S. Breast Intergroup. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2004; 88( suppl 1): S17. Abstract 29., , , et al.
- 14GreeneFL,PageDL,FlemingID, et al., eds. AJCC cancer staging manual.6th ed. New York: John Wiley & Sons; 2002.
- 15The association between population-based treatment guidelines and adjuvant therapy for node-negative breast cancer. British Columbia/Ontario Working Group. Br J Cancer. 1997; 5: 1534–1542., , , et al.
- 17British Columbia Cancer Agency. BC Cancer Agency website. Available at: http://www.bccancer.bc.ca. Accessed on February 3, 2008.
- 23Central review of ER, PgR and HER-2 in BIG 1–98 evaluating letrozole versus tamoxifen as adjuvant endocrine therapy for postmenopausal women with receptor-positive breast cancer. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2005; 94( suppl 2): S13. Abstract 44., , , et al.
- 24Relationship between quantitative ER and PgR expression and HER2 status with recurrence in the ATAC trial. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2006; 100: S21. Abstract 48., .
- 26Neoadjuvant treatment of postmenopausal breast cancer with anastrozole, tamoxifen, or both in combination: the Immediate Preoperative Anastrozole, Tamoxifen, or Combined with Tamoxifen (IMPACT) multicenter double-blind randomized trial. J Clin Oncol. 2005; 23: 5108–5116., , , et al.