Fax: (813) 745-6875
Phase 2 trial of docetaxel and gefitinib in the first-line treatment of patients with advanced nonsmall-cell lung cancer (NSCLC) who are 70 years of age or older†
Version of Record online: 25 FEB 2008
Copyright © 2008 American Cancer Society
Volume 112, Issue 9, pages 2021–2029, 1 May 2008
How to Cite
Simon, G. R., Extermann, M., Chiappori, A., Williams, C. C., Begum, M., Kapoor, R., Haura, E. B., Ismail-Khan, R., Schell, M. J., Antonia, S. J. and Bepler, G. (2008), Phase 2 trial of docetaxel and gefitinib in the first-line treatment of patients with advanced nonsmall-cell lung cancer (NSCLC) who are 70 years of age or older. Cancer, 112: 2021–2029. doi: 10.1002/cncr.23360
The study was approved by the H Lee Moffitt Cancer Center, Scientific Review Committee and University of South Florida, Institutional Review Board (ClinicalTrials.gov identifier, NCT00231465). All patients gave written, informed consent.
- Issue online: 21 APR 2008
- Version of Record online: 25 FEB 2008
- Manuscript Accepted: 2 NOV 2007
- Manuscript Revised: 31 OCT 2007
- Manuscript Received: 29 JUN 2007
- Sanofi-Aventis Pharmaceuticals
- Astra-Zeneca Pharmaceuticals
- 2A randomized phase III trial of four chemotherapy regimens in advanced non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC). Proc ASCO. 2000; 19: 1a., , , et al.
- 5Comparison of survival and quality of life in advanced non-small-cell lung cancer patients treated with two dose levels of paclitaxel combined with cisplatin versus etoposide with cisplatin: results of an Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group trial. J Clin Oncol. 2000; 18: 623–631., , , et al.
- 12Efficacy of the combination of cisplatin with either gemcitabine and vinorelbine or gemcitabine and paclitaxel in the treatment of locally advanced or metastatic non-small-cell lung cancer: a phase III randomised trial of the Southern Italy Cooperative Oncology Group (SICOG 0101). Ann Oncol. 2007; 18: 324–330., , , et al.
- 20World Health Organization: Histological Typing of Lung Cancer and Pleural Tumors. 3rd ed. Berlin: Springer; 1999., , , et al.
- 23Pretreatment quality of life and functional status assessment significantly predict survival of elderly patients with advanced non-small-cell lung cancer receiving chemotherapy: a prognostic analysis of the multicenter Italian lung cancer in the elderly study. J Clin Oncol. 2005; 23: 6865–6872., , , et al.
- 28Studies of illness in the aged. The index of ADL: a standardized measure of biological and psychosocial function. JAMA. 1963; 185: 94–99., , , , .
- 44Gemcitabine plus vinorelbine compared with cisplatin plus vinorelbine or cisplatin plus gemcitabine for advanced non-small-cell lung cancer: a phase III trial of the Italian GEMVIN Investigators and the National Cancer Institute of Canada Clinical Trials Group. J Clin Oncol. 2003; 21: 3025–3034., , , et al.
- 50Gefitinib (ZD1839) in previously treated advanced non-small-cell lung cancer: experience from a single institution. Cancer Control. 2003; 10: 388–395., , , et al.