Fax: (301) 424-1054
Obesity and screening for breast, cervical, and colorectal cancer in women
Article first published online: 24 MAR 2008
Copyright © 2008 American Cancer Society
Volume 112, Issue 9, pages 1892–1904, 1 May 2008
How to Cite
Cohen, S. S., Palmieri, R. T., Nyante, S. J., Koralek, D. O., Kim, S., Bradshaw, P. and Olshan, A. F. (2008), A review. Cancer, 112: 1892–1904. doi: 10.1002/cncr.23408
- Issue published online: 21 APR 2008
- Article first published online: 24 MAR 2008
- Manuscript Accepted: 20 NOV 2007
- Manuscript Revised: 15 OCT 2007
- Manuscript Received: 27 AUG 2007
- National Cancer Institute. Grant Numbers: T32 CA009330-26, T32 CA72319-10, R25 CA57726
- 1American Cancer Society. Cancer Facts and Figures 2007. Atlanta, Ga: American Cancer Society; 2007.
- 2U.S. Preventive Services Task Force. Screening for Breast Cancer. AHRQ publication no. 03-507A. Rockville, Md: Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality; 2002.
- 4American Cancer Society. Cancer Prevention and Early Detection. Facts and Figures 2007. Atlanta, Ga: American Cancer Society; 2007.
- 5U.S. Preventive Services Task Force. Screening for Cervical Cancer. AHRQ publication no. 03-515A. Rockville, Md: Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality; 2003.
- 8American Cancer Society guidelines for the early detection of cancer: update of early detection guidelines for prostate, colorectal, and endometrial cancers. Also: update 2001—testing for early lung cancer detection. CA Cancer J Clin. 2001; 51: 38–75; quiz 77–80., , , et al.
- 9U.S. Preventive Services Task Force. Screening for Colorectal Cancer. AHRQ publication no. 03-510A. Rockville, Md: Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality; 2002.
- 10Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System Survey Data. Atlanta, Ga: U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention; 2004.
- 13National Center for Health Statistics, Health, United States 2006, with chartbook on trends in the health of Americans, 2006. Available at: http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/hus.htm Accessed October 24, 2007.
- 22Associations between obesity and receipt of screening mammography, Papanicolaou tests, and influenza vaccination: results from the Health and Retirement Study (HRS) and the Asset and Health Dynamics Among the Oldest Old (AHEAD) Study. Am J Public Health. 2005; 95: 1623–1630., , , .
- 27Nonadherence to breast and cervical cancer screening: what are the linkages to chronic disease risk [serial online]? Prev Chron Dis. 2004; 1: A04., , , .
- 36Body mass index and up-to-date colorectal cancer screening among Marylanders aged 50 years and older [serial online]. Prev Chron Dis. 2006; 3: A88., , , et al.
- 41World Health Organization. Obesity: Preventing and Managing the Global Epidemic. Report of a WHO Consultation on Obesity. Geneva, Switzerland: World Health Organization; 1997.
- 45Hysterectomy surveillence—United States, 1994–1999. MMWR Morb MortalWkly Rep. 2002; 51(SS05): 1–8., , , .