Allan Lipton is on the speaker's bureau for Norvartis. He also has served as a consultant for and given testimony on behalf of Novartis. Richard Cook receives honoraria from and has a consultant's agreement with Novartis. Fred Saad has served on advisory boards of and receives honoraria and research funds from Novartis. Pierre Major has no financial interests in Novartis. Patrick Garnero has received consultant fees from Novartis. Evangelos Terpos has received an honorarium for participation in an advisory board from Novartis. Janet Brown has participated in an advisory board for Novartis. Robert Coleman receives honoraria, consultancy payments, and research funds from Novartis. He has also given expert testimony on behalf of Novartis.
Normalization of bone markers is associated with improved survival in patients with bone metastases from solid tumors and elevated bone resorption receiving zoledronic acid
Article first published online: 5 MAY 2008
Copyright © 2008 American Cancer Society
Volume 113, Issue 1, pages 193–201, 1 July 2008
How to Cite
Lipton, A., Cook, R., Saad, F., Major, P., Garnero, P., Terpos, E., Brown, J. E. and Coleman, R. E. (2008), Normalization of bone markers is associated with improved survival in patients with bone metastases from solid tumors and elevated bone resorption receiving zoledronic acid. Cancer, 113: 193–201. doi: 10.1002/cncr.23529
- Issue published online: 20 JUN 2008
- Article first published online: 5 MAY 2008
- Manuscript Accepted: 15 FEB 2008
- Manuscript Revised: 5 FEB 2008
- Manuscript Received: 29 NOV 2007
- Novartis Pharmaceuticals
- 3Evaluation of lung cancer metastases to the spine. Acta Orthop Belg. 2006; 72: 592–597., , , , , .
- 4Survival status of stage IV nonsmall cell lung cancer patients after radiotherapy—a report of 287 cases [in Chinese]. Ai Zheng. 2006; 25: 1419–1422., , , , .
- 20Long-term efficacy and safety of zoledronic acid in men with advanced prostate cancer and bone metastases [abstract]. Presented at: the XIXth Congress of the European Association of Urology; March 24-27, 2004; Vienna, Austria. Abstract 615., , , et al.
- 23Long-term efficacy and safety of zoledronic acid compared with pamidronate disodium in the treatment of skeletal complications in patients with advanced multiple myeloma or breast carcinoma: a randomized, double-blind, multicenter, comparative trial. Cancer. 2003; 98: 1735–1744., , , et al.
- 24Long-term efficacy and safety of zoledronic acid in the treatment of skeletal metastases in patients with nonsmall cell lung carcinoma and other solid tumors: a randomized, phase III, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial. Cancer. 2004; 100: 2613–2621., , , et al.
- 25Zoledronic acid versus placebo in the treatment of skeletal metastases in patients with lung cancer and other solid tumors: a phase III, double-blind, randomized trial—the Zoledronic Acid Lung Cancer and Other Solid Tumors Study Group. J Clin Oncol. 2003; 21: 3150–3157., , , et al.
- 35Administration of zoledronic acid before the onset of bone pain may be more effective in patients with bone metastases from prostate cancer [abstract]. Cancer Treat Rev. 2006; 32( suppl): S33. Abstract 71., , , .
- 36Breast cancer patients without pain are at risk for skeletal-related events and may have better outcomes with zoledronic acid compared with pamidronate [abstract]. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2006; 100( suppl): S62. Abstract 1071., .