Dr. McNeely was supported by a Full Time Health Research Studentship from the Alberta Heritage Foundation for Medical Research.
Effect of exercise on upper extremity pain and dysfunction in head and neck cancer survivors
A randomized controlled trial
Article first published online: 5 MAY 2008
Copyright © 2008 American Cancer Society
Volume 113, Issue 1, pages 214–222, 1 July 2008
How to Cite
McNeely, M. L., Parliament, M. B., Seikaly, H., Jha, N., Magee, D. J., Haykowsky, M. J. and Courneya, K. S. (2008), Effect of exercise on upper extremity pain and dysfunction in head and neck cancer survivors. Cancer, 113: 214–222. doi: 10.1002/cncr.23536
- Issue published online: 20 JUN 2008
- Article first published online: 5 MAY 2008
- Manuscript Accepted: 15 FEB 2008
- Manuscript Revised: 13 FEB 2008
- Manuscript Received: 5 NOV 2007
- Research Award
- Physiotherapy Foundation of Canada
- 3Morbidity after neck dissection in cancer. Dutch J Phys Ther. 2007; 117: 116–117..
- 6A pilot study of a randomized controlled trial to evaluate the effects of progressive resistance exercise training on shoulder dysfunction caused by spinal accessory neurapraxia/neurectomy in head and neck cancer survivors. Head Neck. 2004; 26: 518–530., , , et al.
- 9Borg's Perceived Exertion and Pain Scales. London, UK: Human Kinetics; 1998..
- 12Measurement of Joint Motion: A Guide to Goniometry. Philadelphia: FA Davis Company; 1995., .
- 16Statistical Power Analysis for the Behavioural Sciences. London, UK: Academic Press; 1969..