Fax: (310) 794-0732
Characteristics of the original patient navigation programs to reduce disparities in the diagnosis and treatment of breast cancer†
Version of Record online: 9 MAY 2008
Copyright © 2008 American Cancer Society
Volume 113, Issue 2, pages 426–433, 15 July 2008
How to Cite
Vargas, R. B., Ryan, G. W., Jackson, C. A., Rodriguez, R. and Freeman, H. P. (2008), Characteristics of the original patient navigation programs to reduce disparities in the diagnosis and treatment of breast cancer. Cancer, 113: 426–433. doi: 10.1002/cncr.23547
The work presented herein was performed pursuant to a grant from the Walt and Lilly Disney Foundation through the American Cancer Society (ACS).
- Issue online: 8 JUL 2008
- Version of Record online: 9 MAY 2008
- Manuscript Accepted: 11 FEB 2008
- Manuscript Revised: 19 JAN 2008
- Manuscript Received: 24 JUL 2007
- Lazar Fund
- National Center on Minority Health and Health Disparities. Grant Number: P20 MD000148-02
- 19National Cancer Institute*. Patient Navigation Research Program. Department of Health and Human Services. Available at: http://grants.nih.gov/grants/guide/rfa-files/RFA-CA-05-019.html. Accessed August 26, 2004.
- 20Office of Research Cancer Prevention and Treatment Demonstration for Ethnic and Racial Minorities, CMS-5036-N, CFDA No. 93.779. Baltimore, MD: Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services; 2005.
- 21Patient Navigation Outreach and Chronic Disease Prevention Act of 2005, Public Law 109–18.
- 27National Training Center for the Prevention and Early Detection of Cancer. A Handbook for Enhancing Community Health Worker Programs. Rockville, MD: Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention; 1998: 200- 95–0056.
- 28Case Management Association of America. CMSA Definition and Philosophy. Available at: http://www.cmsa.org/AboutUs/CMDefinition.aspx?PRN=1. Accessed June 15, 2005.
- 29Disease Management Association of America. Definition of Disease Management. Available at: http://www.dmaa.org/definition.html. Accessed August 31, 2006.