Fax: (011) 4822 3496178
Randomized comparison of cladribine alone or in combination with cyclophosphamide, and cyclophosphamide, vincristine and prednisone in previously untreated low-grade B-cell non-Hodgkin lymphoma patients†‡
Final report of the Polish Lymphoma Research Group
Version of Record online: 9 MAY 2008
Copyright © 2008 American Cancer Society
Volume 113, Issue 2, pages 367–375, 15 July 2008
How to Cite
Kalinka-Warzocha, E., Wajs, J., Lech-Maranda, E., Ceglarek, B., Holowiecki, J., Federowicz, I., Walewski, J., Czyz, J., Robak, T., Warzocha, K. and the Polish Lymphoma Research Group (2008), Randomized comparison of cladribine alone or in combination with cyclophosphamide, and cyclophosphamide, vincristine and prednisone in previously untreated low-grade B-cell non-Hodgkin lymphoma patients. Cancer, 113: 367–375. doi: 10.1002/cncr.23558
The authors have no potential conflicts of interest.
The interim analysis of the study was presented at the 46th Annual Meeting of the American Society of Hematology, San Diego, California, December 4-7, 2004 (Abstract 3305, Blood. 104:suppl 1), and updated results were presented at the 48th Annual Meeting of the American Society of Hematology, Orlando, Florida, December 9-12, 2006 (Abstract 2481, Blood. 107:suppl 1).
- Issue online: 8 JUL 2008
- Version of Record online: 9 MAY 2008
- Manuscript Revised: 27 FEB 2008
- Manuscript Accepted: 27 FEB 2008
- Manuscript Received: 7 JAN 2008
- Ministry of Science, Warsaw, Poland. Grant Number: 3P05B10425
- 4Phase III intergroup study of fludarabine phosphate compared with cyclophosphamide, vincristine and prednisone chemotherapy in newly diagnosed patients with stage III and IV low-grade malignant non-Hodgkin's lymphoma. J Clin Oncol. 2006; 24: 1590–1596., , , et al.
- 8Cladribine alone and in combination with cyclophosphamide or cyclophosphamide plus mitoxantrone in the treatment of progressive chronic lymphocytic leukemia: report of prospective, multicenter, randomized trial of the Polish Adult Leukemia Group (PALG CLL2). Blood. 2006; 108: 473–479., , , et al.
- 12Comparison in low-tumor-burden follicular lymphomas between an initial no-treatment policy, prednimustine, or interferon alfa: a randomized study from the Groupe d'Etude des Lymphomes Folliculaires. Groupe d'Etude des Lymphomes de l'Adulte. J Clin Oncol. 1997; 15: 1110–1117., , , et al.
- 14Randomized phase III study of fludarabine phosphate versus cyclophosphamide, vincristine and prednisone in patients with recurrent low-grade non-Hodgkin's lymphoma previously treated with an alkylating agent or alkylator-containing regimen. J Clin Oncol. 2002; 20: 4649–4654., , , et al.
- 18Randomized multicenter trial of cladribine alone (C) or in combination with cyclophosphamide (CC), and COP in previously untreated low grade B-cell non-Hodgkin lymphoma patients: the first interim analysis [abstract]. Blood. 2004; 104: 3305a., , , et al.
- 19Fludarabine in low-grade lymphoma. Semin Oncol. 1993;(5 suppl 7): 24–27., , , et al.
- 21High prevalence of non-Hodgkin's lymphomas in Polish population — 1106 new cases diagnosed according to WHO classification in only 1 district. Pol J Pathol. 2006; 57: 45–52., , , et al.
- 22Frontline therapy with rituximab added to the combination of cyclophosphamide, doxorubicin, vincristine, and prednisone (CHOP) significantly improves the outcome for patients with advanced-stage follicular lymphoma compared with therapy with CHOP alone: results of a prospective randomized study of the German Low-Grade Lymphoma Study Group. Blood. 2005; 106: 3725–3732., , , et al.
- 24Addition of rituximab to first-line MCP (mitoxantrone, chlorambucil, prednisolone) chemotherapy prolongs survival in advanced follicular lymphoma: four year follow-up results of a phase III trial of the East German Study Group Hematology and Oncology [abstract]. Blood. 2006; 108: 484a., , , et al.
- 25Update of the FL2000 randomized trial combining rituximab to CHVP-interferon in follicular lymphoma (FL) patients [abstract]. J Clin Oncol. 2006; 24: 7508a., , , et al.
- 26The addition of rituximab to a combination of fludarabine, cyclophosphamide, mitoxantrone (FCM) significantly increases the response rate and prolongs survival as compared with FCM alone in patients with relapsed and refractory follicular and mantle cell lymphomas: results of a prospective randomized study of the German Low-Grade Lymphoma Study Group. Blood. 2004; 104: 3064–3071., , , et al.