Fax: (717) 531-5779
Article first published online: 20 AUG 2008
Published 2008 American Cancer Society
Supplement: An Update on Cancer in American Indians and Alaska Natives, 1999–2004
Volume 113, Issue Supplement 5, pages 1213–1224, 1 September 2008
How to Cite
Wilson, R. T., Richardson, L. C., Kelly, J. J., Kaur, J., Jim, M. A. and Lanier, A. P. (2008), Cancers of the urinary tract among American Indians and Alaska Natives in the United States, 1999–2004. Cancer, 113: 1213–1224. doi: 10.1002/cncr.23733
This supplement was sponsored by Cooperative Agreement Number U50 DP424071-04 from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Division of Cancer Prevention and Control.
The findings and conclusions in this report are those of the authors and do not necessarily represent the official position of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
This article is a US Government work and, as such, is in the public domain in the United States of America.
- Issue published online: 20 AUG 2008
- Article first published online: 20 AUG 2008
- Manuscript Accepted: 3 JUN 2008
- Manuscript Received: 5 MAY 2008
- 7Improving cancer incidence estimates for American Indians in Wisconsin. WMJ. 2007; 106: 196–204., , , , .
- 9International classification of diseases of oncology. Geneva, Switzerland: World Health Organization; 2000., , .
- 10The Mainz classification of renal cell tumors. Cancer Control. 1999; 6: 571–579., , .
- 11World Health Organization. International classification of diseases for oncology. 3rd ed. Geneva, Switzerland: WHO; 2000.
- 12North American Association of Central Cancer Registries, Logistics Requirements Working Group. NAACCR guideline for enhancing Hispanic/Latino identification: Revised NAACCR Hispanic/Latino identification algorithm [NHIA v2]. Springfield, IL: North American Association of Central Cancer Registries; 2005.
- 13Surveillance for health behaviors of American Indians and Alaska Natives. Findings from the Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System, 1997–2000. MMWR Surveill Summ. 2003; 52: 1–13., , .
- 14Racial misclassification of American Indians residing near IHS facilities. Poster P-47, Final Program and Abstracts. Presented at the North American Association of Central Cancer Registries Conference, Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada, June 10-16, 2006., , , , .
- 15National Cancer Institute, Surveillance Research Program, Cancer Statistics Branch. SEER*Stat software. 2007. Available at: http://www.seer.cancer.gov/seerstat Accessed on July 12, 2008.
- 17The methods and materials of demography. New York, NY: Academic Press; 1976., .
- 19Summary stage: data effects of the changes in 2000, vol. Springfield, IL: North American Association of Central Cancer Registries; 2003. Available at: http://www.naaccr.org Accessed on July 12, 2008..
- 21Epidemiology of renal cell carcinoma. In: VogelzangNJ,ScardinoPJ,ShipleyWU,F.M.J.D,W.M.L, eds. Comprehensive textbook of genitourinary oncology.2nd ed. Philadelphia, PA: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, 2004: 110., , .
- 37New malignancies following cancer of the bladder, renal pelvis and kidney. Multiple primaries in cancer survivors. National Cancer Institute monograph. Bethesda, MD: National Cancer Institute; 2007., , , .
- 48Bladder cancer. In: SchottenfeldD,FraumeniJFJr, eds. Cancer epidemiology and prevention.3rd ed. New York, NY: Oxford University Press; 2006., , , .
- 49Cancer in Alaska Native people, 1969–2003. Alaska Med. 2006; 48: 30–59., , , , .