Fax: (770) 488-4639.
Article first published online: 3 NOV 2008
Published 2008 by the American Cancer Society
Supplement: Assessing the Burden of HPV-Associated Cancers in the United States
Volume 113, Issue Supplement 10, pages 2901–2909, 15 November 2008
How to Cite
Ryerson, A. B., Peters, E. S., Coughlin, S. S., Chen, V. W., Gillison, M. L., Reichman, M. E., Wu, X., Chaturvedi, A. K. and Kawaoka, K. (2008), Burden of potentially human papillomavirus-associated cancers of the oropharynx and oral cavity in the US, 1998–2003. Cancer, 113: 2901–2909. doi: 10.1002/cncr.23745
This article is a US Government work and, as such, is in the public domain in the United States of America.
We appreciate the in-kind support from all the contributors to this supplement. We also thank Amy Chen, MD, MPH, for her input on the categorization of anatomic sites for this analysis.
The findings and conclusions in this report are those of the authors and do not necessarily represent the views of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- Issue published online: 3 NOV 2008
- Article first published online: 3 NOV 2008
- Manuscript Accepted: 2 JUN 2008
- Manuscript Revised: 29 MAY 2008
- Manuscript Received: 14 APR 2008
- Cooperative Agreement. Grant Number: U50 DP424071-04
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- 2U.S. Cancer Statistics Working Group. U.S. cancer statistics: 2004 incidence and mortality. Atlanta, GA: Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and National Cancer Institute; 2007.
- 37Surveillance Research Program. National Cancer Institute SEER-Stat Software, Version 6.1.4. Bethesda, MD: National Cancer Institute; 2005.
- 38Surveillance, Epidemiology, and End Results Program. Summary staging guide for the Cancer Surveillance, Epidemiology, and End Results (SEER) Program. Bethesda, MD: National Institutes of Health, National Cancer Institute; 1977
- 39Surveillance, Epidemiology, and End Results Program. Summary staging manual 2000. Bethesda, MD: National Institutes of Health, National Cancer Institute; 2005.
- 40http://www.naaccr.org/index.asp?Col_SectionKey=11&Col_ContentID=397. Accessed on July 11, 2008., , , , . Site-specific comparison of summary stage 1977 and summary stage 2000 coding. Available from URL:
- 41PhillipsJL, ed. Summary stage: data effects of the changes in 2000. Available from URL: http://www.naaccr.org/filesystem/pdf/Summary%20Stage%20Report%201-21-04b.pdf. Accessed on July 11, 2008.
- 42Department of Health and Human Services. Tobacco use among U.S. racial/ethnic minority groups—African-Americans, American-Indians and Alaska Natives, Asian-Americans and Pacific Islanders, and Hispanics: a report of the Surgeon General. Atlanta, GA: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention; 1998.