Fax: (202) 266-4656
Article first published online: 3 NOV 2008
Published 2008 by the American Cancer Society
Supplement: Assessing the Burden of HPV-Associated Cancers in the United States
Volume 113, Issue Supplement 10, pages 2964–2973, 15 November 2008
How to Cite
Coughlin, S. S., Richards, T. B., Nasseri, K., Weiss, N. S., Wiggins, C. L., Saraiya, M., Stinchcomb, D. G., Vensor, V. M. and Nielson, C. M. (2008), Cervical cancer incidence in the United States in the US-Mexico border region, 1998–2003. Cancer, 113: 2964–2973. doi: 10.1002/cncr.23748
This article is a US Government work and, as such, is in the public domain in the United States of America.
The findings and conclusions in this report are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention or the National Cancer Institute.
- Issue published online: 3 NOV 2008
- Article first published online: 3 NOV 2008
- Manuscript Accepted: 6 JUN 2008
- Manuscript Revised: 2 JUN 2008
- Manuscript Received: 14 APR 2008
- Cooperative Agreement. Grant Number: U50 DP424071-04
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- 1Health Resources Services Administration. Assuring a Healthy Future Along the U.S.-Mexico Border. A HRSA Priority. Rockville, MD: US Department of Health and Human Services; 2000.
- 2Self-reported use of cervical cancer screening among Hispanic women of 2 US-Mexico border counties. J Womens Cancer. 2001; 3: 49–55., , .
- 3Breast and cervical cancer screening practices among Hispanic and non-Hispanic women residing near the United States-Mexico border, 1999–2000. Fam Comm Health. 2003; 26: 130–139., , , .
- 6WilliamsMA,MokryB,RisserD, et al, eds. Cervical Cancer in Texas 2006. Austin, TX: Texas Department of State Health Services; 2006. Available at: http://www.dshs.state.tx.us/tcr/report_cervical.shtm. Accessed on July 22, 2008.
- 7NasseriK,CressRD,LeiserowitzG, eds. Cervical Cancer in California, 2006. Santa Barbara, CA: Public Health Institute, Tri-Counties Cancer Surveillance Program; 2006.
- 9U.S.-Mexico Border Health Commission. U.S.-Mexico Border Environmental Health Initiative. Available at: http://borderhealth.cr.usgs.gov/links.html. Accessed on July 22, 2008.
- 10. The Border: On the Brink. Texas State Comptroller of Public Accounts. Available at: http://www.window. state.tx.us/specialrpt/brink/. Accessed on July 22, 2008.
- 11LandScan™ Global Population Database, North America 2002. Oak Ridge, TN: Oak Ridge National Laboratory. Available at: http://www.ornl.gov/landscan/ Accessed on July 22, 2008.
- 12US Department of Agriculture Economic Research Service. 2003 Rural-Urban Continuum Codes. Available at: http://www.ers.usda.gov/Data/RuralUrbanContinuumCodes/ Accessed on July 22, 2008.
- 14Site-Specific Comparison of Summary Stage 1977 and Summary Stage 2000 Coding. North American Association of Central Cancer Registries 2005. Available at: http://www.naaccr.org/index.asp?Col_SectionKey=11&Col_ContentID=397 Accessed on July 22, 2008., , , et al.
- 15Modern Epidemiology. 2nd ed. Philadelphia, PA: Lippencott-Raven; 1998., .
- 17U.S. Cancer Statistics Working Group. United States Cancer Statistics: 2004 Incidence and Mortality. Atlanta, GA: U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and National Cancer Institute; 2007.
- 22Screening practices and knowledge, attitudes, and beliefs about cancer among Hispanic and non-Hispanic white women 35 years old or older in Nueces County, Texas. J Natl Cancer Inst Monogr 1995;( 18): 49–56., , , , .