Fax: (518) 473-6789.
Article first published online: 3 NOV 2008
Published 2008 by the American Cancer Society
Supplement: Assessing the Burden of HPV-Associated Cancers in the United States
Volume 113, Issue Supplement 10, pages 2926–2935, 15 November 2008
How to Cite
Negoita, S., Harrison, J. N., Qiao, B., Ekwueme, D. U., Flowers, L. C. and Kahn, A. R. (2008), Distribution of treatment for human papillomavirus-associated gynecologic carcinomas before prophylactic vaccine. Cancer, 113: 2926–2935. doi: 10.1002/cncr.23751
We appreciate the thorough review by Dr. Cyril Spann.
The findings and conclusions in this report are those of the authors and do not necessarily represent the views of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
This article is a US Government work and, as such, is in the public domain in the United States of America.
- Issue published online: 3 NOV 2008
- Article first published online: 3 NOV 2008
- Manuscript Accepted: 16 JUN 2008
- Manuscript Revised: 5 JUN 2008
- Manuscript Received: 14 APR 2008
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's Cooperative Agreement. Grant Number: U58/DP000783-01
- New York State Department of Health
- National Program of Cancer Registries
- Cooperative Agreement. Grant Number: U50 DP424071-04
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- 6FIGO stage, histology, histologic grade, age and race as prognostic factors in determining survival for cancers of the female gynecological system: an analysis of 1973-1987 SEER cases of cancers of the endometrium, cervix, ovary, vulva, and vagina. Semin Surg Oncol. 1994; 10: 31–46..
- 16Carcinoma of the vulva. FIGO 6th Annual Report on the Results of Treatment in Gynecological Cancer. Int J Gynaecol Obstet. 2006; 95( ):suppl 1 S7- S27., , , et al.
- 18National Cancer Institute. PDQ Adult Treatment Summaries. Available at: http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/pdq/adulttreatment. Accessed October 14, 2007.
- 23Surveillance. In: RothmanKJ,GreenlandS, eds. Modern Epidemiology.2nd ed. Philadelphia: Lippincott-Raven Publishers; 1998: 435–458..
- 24National Cancer Institute. Surveillance, Epidemiology, and End Results Program. NIH Publication No. 05-4772. Bethesda, MD: National Cancer Institute; 2005.
- 25Surveillance, Epidemiology, and End Results (SEER) Program. Incidence—SEER 17 Registries Limited-Use (released April 2007, based on the November 2006 submission). Bethesda, MD: National Cancer Institute, Division of Cancer Control and Population Sciences, Surveillance Research Program, Cancer Statistics Branch, 2007.
- 27Commission on Cancer. Facility Oncology Registry Data Standards. Revised for 2007. Chicago, Ill: American College of Surgeons; 2007. Available at: http://www.facs.org/cancer/coc/fordsmanual.html. Accessed October 24, 2007.
- 28GreeneFL,PageDL,FlemingID, et al, eds. Cervix uteri. AJCC Cancer Staging Handbook,6th ed. Chap 28. New York: Springer-Verlag; 2002: 293–305.
- 29JohnsonCH, ed. SEER Program Coding and Staging Manual 2004. Publication No. 04-5581. Bethesda, MD: National Institutes of Health; 2004.
- 30SAS Institute. SAS OnlineDoc® 9.1.2. Cary, NC: SAS Institute Inc.; 2004.
- 31National Cancer Institute. Joinpoint Regression Program, Version 3.0. Bethesda, MD: Statistical Research and Applications Branch, National Cancer Institute; 2005. Available at: http://srab.cancer.gov/joinpoint/. Accessed October 7, 2007.
- 33The NCCN Guideline Cervical Cancer. Clinical Practice Guidelines in Oncology. Version I. 2008. National Comprehensive Cancer Network, Inc. Available at: http://www.nccn.org. Accessed March 11, 2008.
- 34Vulvar and vaginal disease and neoplasia. In: Obstetrics and Gynecology, 4th ed. Chap 43. Hagerstown, MD: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins; 2002: 533–567., , , , , .
- 43Inpatient surgical treatment patterns for patients with uterine fibroids in the United States, 1998-2002. J Natl Med Assoc. 2005; 97: 1336–1342., , , .
- 45Estimating healthcare cost from SEER-Medicare data. Med Care. 2002; 40( suppl IV): 104–117., , , .