Fax: (916) 779-0264.
Article first published online: 3 NOV 2008
Published 2008 by the American Cancer Society
Supplement: Assessing the Burden of HPV-Associated Cancers in the United States
Volume 113, Issue Supplement 10, pages 2955–2963, 15 November 2008
How to Cite
Bates, J. H., Hofer, B. M. and Parikh-Patel, A. (2008), Cervical cancer incidence, mortality, and survival among Asian subgroups in California, 1990–2004. Cancer, 113: 2955–2963. doi: 10.1002/cncr.23752
This article is a US Government work and, as such, is in the public domain in the United States of America.
The collection of cancer incidence data used in this study was supported by the California Department of Public Health as part of the statewide cancer reporting program mandated by California Health and Safety Code Section 103885; the National Cancer Institute's Surveillance, Epidemiology, and End Results Program under contract N01-PC-35136 awarded to the Northern California Cancer Center, contract N01-PC-35139 awarded to the University of Southern California, and contract N01-PC-54404 awarded to the Public Health Institute; and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's National Program of Cancer Registries, under agreement 1U58DP00807-01, awarded to the Public Health Institute.
We thank Sandy Kwong, MPH and Mark Allen, MS for their assistance with data analyses, and Allyn Fernandez-Ami, MPH, for her support and assistance in the preparation of this article.
The findings and conclusions of this report are those of the authors and do not necessarily represent the views of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the State of California's Department of Public Health, or the National Cancer Institute.
- Issue published online: 3 NOV 2008
- Article first published online: 3 NOV 2008
- Manuscript Accepted: 6 JUN 2008
- Manuscript Revised: 4 JUN 2008
- Manuscript Received: 14 APR 2008
- Cooperative Agreement. Grant Number: U50 DP424071-04
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- 5US Census Bureau. Census 2000 Profile. Available at:http://www.census.gov/prod/2002pubs/c2kprof00-ca.pdf Accessed on November 7, 2007.
- 6Cancer Incidence and Mortality in California; Trends by Race/Ethnicity 1988-2001. Los Angeles Cancer Surveillance Program. Los Angeles: University of Southern California; 2004., .
- 16California Cancer Registry. Cancer Reporting in California: Standards for Automated Reporting, California Reporting System Standards, Volume II (revised April 12, 2007). Available at:http://www.ccrcal.org/PDF-DSQC/Vol-II-2007rev41207.pdf Accessed on November 8, 2007.
- 17California Cancer Registry. Cancer Reporting in California, Data Standards for Regional Registries and California Cancer Registry, California Cancer Reporting System Standards Volume III (updated October 10, 2007). Available at:http://www.ccrcal.org/VOL3/Vol_3_CA.htm Accessed on November 8, 2007.
- 18California Cancer Registry. Cancer Reporting in California: Abstracting and Coding Procedures for Hospitals (California Cancer Reporting System Standards, Vol I), updated May 2007. Available at: http://www.ccrcal.org/Vol_1/Calif_Vol_1.htm Accessed November 8, 2007.
- 19FritzA,PercyC,AndrewJ, et al, eds. International Classification of Diseases for Oncology.3rd ed. Geneva, Switzerland: World Health Organization; 2000.
- 20National Center for Health Statistics. U.S. Census Populations with Bridged Race Categories. Available at: http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/about/major/dvs/popbridge/popbridge.htm Accessed on November 8, 2007.
- 21Cancer in California: 1988-2002. Sacramento, CA: California Department of Health Services, Cancer Surveillance Section; 2005., , .
- 23YoungJLJr,RoffersSD,RiesLAG,FritzAG,HurlburtAA, eds. SEER Summary Staging Manual—2000: Codes and Coding Instructions. Bethesda, MD: National Cancer Institute; 2001.
- 24http://www.naaccr.org/index.asp?Col_SectionKey=11&Col_ContentID=397 Accessed on November 7, 2007., , , , . Site-Specific Comparison of Summary Stage 1977 and Summary Stage 2000 Coding. Available at:
- 26Surveillance Research Program. National Cancer Institute SEER *Stat Software, Version 6.3.6. 2007.
- 27Survival Analysis. A Self-Learning Text. New York, NY: Springer-Verlag; 1996.,
- 28The Cancer Atlas. Atlanta, GA: American Cancer Society; 2006., , , .
- 29Asian Pacific American Legal Center (APALC). The Diverse Face of Asians and Pacific Islanders in California. 2005. Available at: http://apalc.org/demographics/wp-content/uploads/2006/11/caapalc0905.pdf Accessed on November 8, 2007.
- 30Screening for Cervical Cancer in California. In: NasseriK,CressR,LeiserowitzG, eds. Cervical Cancer in California: Special Report. Santa Barbara, CA: Public Health Institute, Tri-Counties Cancer Surveillance Program; 2006. Available at: http://www.ccrcal.org/PDF/CervicalCancer06-9-12-06.pdf Accessed on November 8, 2007., , , .
- 37PhillipsJL, ed. Summary Stage: Data Effects of the Changes in 2000. Available at: http://www.naaccr.org/filesystem/pdf/Summary%20Stage%20Report%201-21-04b.pdf Accessed on November 7, 2007.