Fax: (770) 488-4639.
Version of Record online: 3 NOV 2008
Published 2008 by the American Cancer Society
Supplement: Assessing the Burden of HPV-Associated Cancers in the United States
Volume 113, Issue Supplement 10, pages 2865–2872, 15 November 2008
How to Cite
Saraiya, M., Watson, M., Wu, X., King, J. B., Chen, V. W., Smith, J. S. and Giuliano, A. R. (2008), Incidence of in situ and invasive vulvar cancer in the US, 1998–2003. Cancer, 113: 2865–2872. doi: 10.1002/cncr.23759
For more information on vulvar cancers, please visit www.cdc.gov/cancer/gynecologic
The findings and conclusions of this article are those of the authors and do not necessarily represent the views of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
This article is a US Government work and, as such, is in the public domain in the United States of America.
- Issue online: 3 NOV 2008
- Version of Record online: 3 NOV 2008
- Manuscript Accepted: 22 MAY 2008
- Manuscript Revised: 7 MAY 2008
- Manuscript Received: 14 APR 2008
- Cooperative Agreement. Grant Number: U50 DP424071-04
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- 2U.S. Cancer Statistics Working Group. United States Cancer Statistics: 1999-2004 Incidence and Mortality Web-Based Report. Bethesda, MD: US Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and National Cancer Institute; 2007. Available at: www.cdc.gov/uscs. Accessed on July 15, 2008.
- 3Cancers of the vulva and vagina. In: ShottenfeldD,FraumeniJF, eds. Cancer Epidemiology and Prevention.3rd ed. New York: Oxford University Press; 2006: 1068–1074., .
- 6IARC Monographs on the Evaluation of Carcinogenic Risks to Humans: Human Papillomavirus . Lyon, France: International Agency for Research on Cancer; 2007..
- 7Human papillomavirus type distribution in vaginal and vulvar cancers and their precursors: a meta-analysis. Presented at the International Papillomavirus Virus Conference, Beijing, China, November 2007., , .
- 18New malignancies following cancer of the cervix uteri, vagina, and vulva. In: CurtisRE,FreedmanDM,RiesLAG, et al, eds. New Malignancies Among Cancer Survivors. NIH Pub. No. 05-5302. SEER Cancer Registries, 1973-2000. Bethesda, MD: National Cancer Institute; 2006: 207–229, , .
- 21Unger ER; Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC); Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP). Quadrivalent human papillomavirus vaccine: recommendations of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP). MMWR Recomm Rep. 2007; 56: 1–24., , , , ,