Fax: (770) 488-4639.
Article first published online: 3 NOV 2008
Published 2008 by the American Cancer Society
Supplement: Assessing the Burden of HPV-Associated Cancers in the United States
Volume 113, Issue Supplement 10, pages 2936–2945, 15 November 2008
How to Cite
Ekwueme, D. U., Chesson, H. W., Zhang, K. B. and Balamurugan, A. (2008), Years of potential life lost and productivity costs because of cancer mortality and for specific cancer sites where human papillomavirus may be a risk factor for carcinogenesis—United States, 2003 . Cancer, 113: 2936–2945. doi: 10.1002/cncr.23761
The findings and conclusions in this article are those of the authors and do not necessarily represent the views of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
We sincerely thank Drs. Scott D. Grosse and Mercy Mvundura for providing us with the updated present value of future lifetime earnings data from 2000 to 2003. In addition, we are indebted to the anonymous reviewers for many helpful comments and suggestions.
This is a US government work and, as such, is in the public domain in the United States of America.
- Issue published online: 3 NOV 2008
- Article first published online: 3 NOV 2008
- Manuscript Revised: 2 JUN 2008
- Manuscript Received: 14 APR 2008
- Cooperative Agreement. Grant Number: U50 DP424071-04
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
This article has been cited by:
- 1Productivity Losses Associated with Head and Neck Cancer Using the Human Capital and Friction Cost Approaches, Applied Health Economics and Health Policy, 2015,, , , , , , , , , ,
- You have free access to this content2
- 3Health and Economic Impact of Breast Cancer Mortality in Young Women, 1970–2008, American Journal of Preventive Medicine, 2014, 46, 1, 71, , , , , , ,
- 4The cost of premature cancer-related mortality: a review and assessment of the evidence, Expert Review of Pharmacoeconomics & Outcomes Research, 2014, 14, 3, 355, , ,
- 5An Opportunity for Cancer Prevention During Preadolescence and Adolescence: Stopping Human Papillomavirus (HPV)-Related Cancer Through HPV Vaccination, Journal of Adolescent Health, 2013, 52, 5, S60, , , ,
- 6Annual cost of hospitalization, inpatient rehabilitation and sick leave of anal cancer in Germany, Journal of Medical Economics, 2013, 16, 3, 364, , , , ,
- 7Utility and Work Productivity Data for Economic Evaluation of Breast Cancer Therapies in the Netherlands and Sweden, Clinical Therapeutics, 2013, 35, 4, e1, , , , , , ,
- You have free access to this content8
- 9Economic Impact of Human Papillomavirus–Associated Head and Neck Cancers in the United States, Otolaryngologic Clinics of North America, 2012, 45, 4, 899, ,
- 10The burden of hospitalizations for anus and penis neoplasm in Spain (1997–2008), Human Vaccines & Immunotherapeutics, 2012, 8, 2, 201, , , , ,
- 11WITHDRAWN: Utility and Work Productivity Data for Economic Evaluation of Breast Cancer Therapies in the Netherlands and Sweden, Health Outcomes Research in Medicine, 2012,, , , , , , ,
- 12The health burden and economic costs of cutaneous melanoma mortality by race/ethnicity–United States, 2000 to 2006, Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology, 2011, 65, 5, S133.e1, , , , , ,
- 13Cost–effectiveness of catch-up programs in human papillomavirus vaccination, Expert Review of Vaccines, 2010, 9, 10, 1187, , , , ,
- 14Hip Hop, Health, and Human Papilloma Virus (HPV): Using Wireless Technology to Increase HPV Vaccination Uptake, The Journal for Nurse Practitioners, 2010, 6, 6, 464, , ,
- 15Human papillomavirus-associated oropharyngeal cancer: a new clinical entity, QJM, 2010, 103, 4, 229, , , , , ,
- 16Years of Potential Life Lost and Productivity Losses From Male Urogenital Cancer Deaths—United States, 2004, Urology, 2010, 76, 3, 528, , , ,