Fax: (301) 480-9939.
Version of Record online: 3 NOV 2008
Published 2008 by the American Cancer Society
Supplement: Assessing the Burden of HPV-Associated Cancers in the United States
Volume 113, Issue Supplement 10, pages 3031–3035, 15 November 2008
How to Cite
Castle, P. E., Solomon, D., Saslow, D. and Schiffman, M. (2008), Predicting the effect of successful human papillomavirus vaccination on existing cervical cancer prevention programs in the United States. Cancer, 113: 3031–3035. doi: 10.1002/cncr.23762
A National Cancer Institute (NCI)-sponsored clinical trial of the GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) human papillomavirus vaccine receives vaccine from the manufacturer (GSK) at no cost. GSK also provides support for aspects of the trial associated with regulatory submission needs to the US Federal Drug Administration.
The following companies have provided research support in the form of equipment or supplies at reduced or no cost for NCI-sponsored trials: Cytyc Corporation, Digene Corporation, GSK, TriPath, and Roche Molecular Systems. The work was supported (in part) by the Intramural Research Program of the NCI, National Institutes of Health (NIH).
The authors have no personal financial conflict of interest to report. The financial activities of the NCI authors are monitored by the NCI Ethics Office.
The views and opinions within are those of the authors alone and do not necessarily represent the opinions of the NCI, the NIH, the Department of Health and Human Services of the US government, or any professional or clinical society.
The opinions or views expressed in this supplement are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or recommendations of the journal editors, the American Cancer Society, Wiley-Blackwell, or the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
This is a US government work and, as such, is in the public domain in the United States of America.
- Issue online: 3 NOV 2008
- Version of Record online: 3 NOV 2008
- Manuscript Accepted: 28 MAY 2008
- Manuscript Received: 14 APR 2008
- Cooperative Agreement. Grant Number: U50 DP424071-04
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- 7Quadrivalent human papillomavirus vaccine: recommendations of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP). MMWR Recomm Rep. 2007; 56: 1–24., , , , , .
- 10Efficacy of a prophylactic adjuvanted bivalent L1 virus-like-particle vaccine against infection with human papillomavirus types 16 and 18 in young women: an interim analysis of a phase III double-blind, randomised controlled trial. Lancet. 2007; 369: 2161–2170., , , et al.