Fax: (404) 327-6450
Decreasing disparity in liver transplantation among white and Asian patients with hepatocellular carcinoma†‡
Article first published online: 12 SEP 2008
Copyright © 2008 American Cancer Society
Volume 113, Issue 8, pages 2173–2179, 15 October 2008
How to Cite
Robbins, A. S., Daily, M. F., Aoki, C. A., Chen, M. S., Troppmann, C. and Perez, R. V. (2008), Decreasing disparity in liver transplantation among white and Asian patients with hepatocellular carcinoma. Cancer, 113: 2173–2179. doi: 10.1002/cncr.23766
The ideas and opinions expressed herein are those of the authors, and endorsement by the State of California, Department of Public Health, the National Cancer Institute, and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention or their contractors and subcontractors is not intended nor should be concluded.
The collection of cancer incidence data used in this study was supported by the California Department of Public Health as part of the statewide cancer reporting program mandated by California Health and Safety Code Section 103885; the National Cancer Institute's Surveillance, Epidemiology, and End Results Program under contract N01-PC-35136 awarded to the Northern California Cancer Center, contract N01-PC-35139 awarded to the University of Southern California, and contract N01-PC-54404 awarded to the Public Health Institute (PHI); and by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's National Program of Cancer Registries under agreement 1U58DP00807-01 awarded to the PHI.
- Issue published online: 3 OCT 2008
- Article first published online: 12 SEP 2008
- Manuscript Accepted: 2 APR 2008
- Manuscript Received: 26 FEB 2008
- 1National Institutes of Health. National Cancer Institute Fact Book 2006. Bethesda, Md: National Institutes of Health; 2007.
- 7MillerBA,KolonelLN,BernsteinL, et al., eds. Racial/Ethnic Patterns of Cancer in the United States 1988–1992. NIH Publication No. 96–4104. Bethesda, Md: National Cancer Institute; 1996.
- 11Effect of hepatitis B and C virus infections of the natural history of compensated cirrhosis: a cohort study of 297 patients. Am J Gastroenterol. 2002; 97: 2886–2895., , , , , .Direct Link:
- 12Racial disparities in utilization of liver transplantation for hepatocellular carcinoma in the United States [abstract]. Presented at the American Society of Clinical Oncology 2006 Gastrointestinal Cancers Symposium, San Francisco, California, January 26–28, 2006. Abstract 163., , , et al.
- 23Asian Liver Center at Stanford University. The Jade Ribbon Campaign. Available at:http://liver.stanford.edu/JRC/JRC_about.php. Accessed November 5, 2007.