Fax: (614) 293-7526
Defining a global research agenda for breast cancer†
Version of Record online: 3 OCT 2008
Copyright © 2008 American Cancer Society
Supplement: Guidelines for International Breast Health and Cancer Control–Implementation
Volume 113, Issue Supplement 8, pages 2366–2371, 15 October 2008
How to Cite
Love, R. R. (2008), Defining a global research agenda for breast cancer. Cancer, 113: 2366–2371. doi: 10.1002/cncr.23831
Complete financial disclosures are presented at the end of this article.
- Issue online: 3 OCT 2008
- Version of Record online: 3 OCT 2008
- NIH/NCI. Grant Numbers: CA064339, CA097375
- The Breast Cancer Research Foundation
- The International Breast Cancer Research Foundation
- 5The rising burden of cancer in the developing world. Ann Oncol. 2006; 17( suppl 8): 15–23..
- 6GLOBOCAN 2000: Cancer Incidence, Mortality and Prevalence Worldwide, version 1.0. IARC CancerBase No. 5. Lyon, France: IARC Press; 2001., , , .
- 7CuradoMP,EdwardsB,ShinHR, eds. Cancer Incidence in Five Continents, Vol IX. IARC Scientific Publications No. 160. Lyon, France: IARC Press; 2007.
- 9World Cancer Research Fund. Food, Nutrition, Physical Activity and the Prevention of Cancer: a Global Perspective. Washington, DC: American Institute for Cancer Research; 2007.
- 10Pathologies of Power. Berkeley: University of California Press; 2005..
- 11Creating a world without poverty: social business and the future of capitalism. Public Affairs. 2008: 107., .
- 13Hormone receptor negative and basal-like subtypes are overrepresented in invasive breast carcinoma from women of African ancestry [abstract]. AACR Meeting Abstracts. 2005: 598–599., , , , , .
- 16Immunohistochemical assay of hormone receptors in breast cancer at the Philippine General Hospital: Importance of early fixation of specimens. Philipp J Surg Spec. 2007; 62: 123–127., , , et al.
- 20Inter-ethnic differences in the myelotoxicity of adriamycin/cyclophosphamide (AC) for adjuvant breast cancer [abstract]. Proc Am Soc Clin Oncol. 2002: 21. Abstract 252., , , et al.
- 21Genetic variants in human carbonyl reductase 3 (CBR3) and their influence on doxorubicin pharmacokinetics in Asian breast cancer patients. J Clin Onc. 2007; 25( suppl 2505). ASCO Annual Meeting Proceedings pt 1; No. 185., , , et al.
- 23Illness representations and coping with health threats. In: BaumA,SingerJ, eds. A Handbook of Psychology and Health. Hillsdale, NJ: Erlbaum; 1984: 219–252., , .
- 29Commission on Macroeconomics and Health. Macroeconomics and Health: Investing In Health For Economic Development. Geneva: World Health Organization; 2001.
- 30StewartBW,KleihuisP, eds. World Cancer Report. Lyons, France: International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC); 2003.
- 34IARC Handbook on Cancer Prevention, Vol 7. Breast Cancer Screening. Lyon, France: IARC Press; 2002.
- 35The Bottom Billion. Oxford, England: Oxford University Press; 2007..
- 36Institute of Medicine. Cancer control opportunities in low and middle income countries. Washington, DC: National Academies Press; 2007.
- 37Cancer initiatives in developing countries. Ann Oncol. 2006; 17( suppl 8): 24–31..
- 38Personal communication from AB Miller to RR Love. November 24, 2007.
- 40AIDS and the power of women. The New York Review of Books. February 15, 2007., .
- 42Walk farther, view broader (Jauh Berjalan, Luas Pandangan): Malaysian Breast Cancer Education. Presented at the first National Summit on Breast Cancer Education, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. June 30–July 2, 2006., .
- 43Letting Them Die: Why AIDS Prevention Programmes Fail (African Issues). Oxford, England: The International African Institute/James Curry; 2003..