Fax: (011) 90-212 414 31 01
Breast radiation therapy guideline implementation in low- and middle-income countries†
Version of Record online: 3 OCT 2008
Copyright © 2008 American Cancer Society
Supplement: Guidelines for International Breast Health and Cancer Control–Implementation
Volume 113, Issue Supplement 8, pages 2305–2314, 15 October 2008
How to Cite
Bese, N. S., Munshi, A., Budrukkar, A., Elzawawy, A., Perez, C. A. and on behalf of the Breast Health Global Initiative Radiation Therapy Focus Group (2008), Breast radiation therapy guideline implementation in low- and middle-income countries. Cancer, 113: 2305–2314. doi: 10.1002/cncr.23838
Complete financial disclosures are presented at the end of this article.
- Issue online: 3 OCT 2008
- Version of Record online: 3 OCT 2008
- Manuscript Accepted: 24 JUN 2008
- Manuscript Received: 10 JUN 2008
- The Breast Health Global Initiative Global Summit
- Bristol-Myers Squibb Company
- Ethicon Endo Surgery, Inc.
- GE Healthcare
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche AG
- Novartis Oncology
- Pfizer Inc.
- 1Overviews of Randomized Trials of Radiotherapy in Early Breast Cancer. 2007 Educational Book. Alexandria, Va: American Society of Clinical Oncology; 2007: 3–6., , , , .
- 2Danish Breast Cancer Cooperative Group, , , , , . Study of failure pattern among high-risk breast cancer patients with or without postmastectomy radiotherapy in addition to adjuvant systemic therapy: long-term results from the Danish Breast Cancer Cooperative Group DBCG 82 b and c randomized studies. J Clin Oncol. 2006; 24: 2268–2275.
- 10International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA). Design and Implementation of a Radiotherapy Programme: Clinical, Medical Physics, Radiation Protection and Safety Aspects. IAEA TECDOC-1040. Vienna, Austria: IAEA; 2005.
- 18National Surgical Adjuvant Breast and Bowel Project. Tamoxifen, radiation therapy, or both for prevention of ipsilateral breast tumor recurrence after lumpectomy in women with invasive breast cancers of 1 centimeter or less. J Clin Oncol. 2002; 20: 4141–4149., , , , et al;
- 25Cardiotoxic effects of tangential breast irradiation in early breast cancer patients: the role of irradiated heart volume. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2007; 691131–1138., , , et al.
- 31Long-term results of a randomized trial of accelerated hypofractionated whole breast irradiation following breast conserving surgery in women with node negative breast cancer [abstract]. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2007; 106( suppl 1): s6. Abstract 21., , , et al.
- 40Centre Rene Huguenin Breast Cancer Group. A phase III randomized trial comparing adjuvant concomitant chemoradiotherapy versus standard adjuvant chemotherapy followed by radiotherapy in operable node-positive breast cancer: final results. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2006; 64: 1072–1080., , , et al;
- 42National Institutes of Health Consensus Development Panel. National Institutes of Health Consensus Development Conference statement: adjuvant therapy for breast cancer, November 1–3, 2000. J Natl Cancer Inst Mongr. 2001; 30: 5–15.
- 53The ratio of positive to excised nodes identifies high risk subsets and reduces inter-institutional differences in locoregional recurrence risk estimates in breast cancer patients with 1–3 positive nodes: an analysis of prospective data from British Columbia and the M. D. Anderson Cancer Center. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2007; 68: 59–65., , , , , .
- 54Patterns of locoregional failure in patients with operable breast cancer treated by mastectomy and adjuvant chemotherapy with or without tamoxifen and without radiotherapy: results from 5 National Surgical Adjuvant Breast and Bowel Project randomized clinical trials. J Clin Oncol. 2004; 22: 4247–4254., , , et al.
- 57Low locoregional recurrence rate among node-negative breast cancer patients with tumors 5 cm or larger treated by mastectomy, with or without adjuvant systemic therapy and without radiotherapy: results from 5 National Surgical Adjuvant Breast and Powel Project randomized clinical trials. J Clin Oncol. 2006; 24: 3927–3932., , , et al.
- 70Physics of treatment planning in radiation oncology. In: LevittSH,PurdyJA,PerezCA,VijayakumarS, eds. Technical Basis of Radiation Therapy-Practical Clinical Applications,4th Revised Ed. New York, NY: Springer; 2006: 69–106., , , .