Fax: (011) 81-43-226-2552
Version of Record online: 29 SEP 2008
Copyright © 2008 American Cancer Society
Volume 113, Issue 9, pages 2448–2456, 1 November 2008
How to Cite
Yoshitomi, H., Togawa, A., Kimura, F., Ito, H., Shimizu, H., Yoshidome, H., Otsuka, M., Kato, A., Nozawa, S., Furukawa, K., Miyazaki, M. and Pancreatic Cancer Chemotherapy Program of the Chiba University Department of General Surgery Affiliated Hospital Group (2008), A randomized phase II trial of adjuvant chemotherapy with uracil/tegafur and gemcitabine versus gemcitabine alone in patients with resected pancreatic cancer. Cancer, 113: 2448–2456. doi: 10.1002/cncr.23863
Monitoring committee: Yoichi Satomura and Katsuhiko Takabayashi, Chiba University Hospital, Division of Medical Informatics, Chiba, Japan.
Specialists responsible for patient treatment at each of the participating institutions: Masaru Miyazaki, MD, PhD, Chiba University Hospital, Chiba, Japan; Koji Nakagawa, MD, PhD, Saitama Red Cross Hospital, Saitama, Japan; Shunichi Tsuchiya, MD, PhD, Kimitsu Chuo Hospital, Chiba, Japan; Yoshio Oeda, MD, PhD, Chiba Kaihin Municipal Hospital, Chiba, Japan; Toshikazu Suwa, MD, PhD, Fukaya Red Cross Hospital, Saitama, Japan; Hideo Yamamori, MD, PhD, Saiseikai Narashino Hospital, Chiba, Japan; Hiromi Sarashina, MD, PhD, Chiba Aoba Municipal Hospital, Chiba, Japan; Ichiro Suzuki, MD, PhD, Chiba Medical Center, Chiba, Japan; Hisao Koshikawa, MD, PhD, Uraga Hospital, Kanagawa, Japan; Hide Suzuki, Chiba Rosai hospital, Chiba, Japan; Takayuki Ishii, MD, PhD, Narita Red Cross Hospital, Chiba, Japan; Kouhei Kamimura, MD, PhD, Awa Ishikai Hospital, Chiba, Japan; Kazuhide Ohno, MD, PhD, Matsudo City Hospital, Chiba, Japan; Shinpei Kumagai, MD, PhD, Nagano Prefectural Suzaka Hospital, Nagano, Japan; Jun Matsumoto, Tokyo Metropolitan Fuchu Hospital, Tokyo, Japan; Norio Kikuchi, Sosa City Hospital, Chiba, Japan; Takashi Koyama, Odawara Municipal Hospital, Kanagawa, Japan; Eiji Gochi, Seirei Yokohama Hospital, Kanagawa, Japan; Makoto Takahashi, Funabashi Central Hospital, Chiba.
The affiliation of each member is the affiliation at the time of patient recruitment.
- Issue online: 17 OCT 2008
- Version of Record online: 29 SEP 2008
- Manuscript Accepted: 17 JUN 2008
- Manuscript Revised: 9 JUN 2008
- Manuscript Received: 24 MAR 2008
- Ministry of Education, Culture, Science, Sports, and Technology of Japan
- 2The Editorial Board of the Cancer Statistics in Japan. Cancer Statistics in Japan 2007. Available at: http://ganjoho.ncc.go.jp/public/statistics/backnumber/2007_en.html Accessed on February 28, 2008
- 5Japan Pancreas Society. Pancreatic cancer registry report 2007. Suizo. 2007; 22: 39.
- 6and the Lymphadenectomy Study Group. Standard versus extended lymphadenectomy associated with pancreatoduodenectomy in the surgical treatment of adenocarcinoma of the head of the pancreas. A multicenter, prospective randomized study. Ann Surg. 1998; 228: 508–517., , , et al.
- 14Study Group of Surgical Adjuvant Therapy for Carcinoma of the Pancreas, Biliary Tract, , , , et al. Is postoperative adjuvant chemotherapy useful for gallbladder carcinoma? A phase III multicenter prospective randomized controlled trial in patients with resected pancreaticobiliary carcinoma. Cancer. 2002; 95: 1685–1695.
- 15Kakizoe T for the Japanese Study Group of Adjuvant Therapy for Pancreatic Cancer (JSAP). A multicenter randomized controlled trial to evaluate the effect of adjuvant cisplatin and 5-fluorouracil therapy after curative resection in cases of pancreatic cancer. Jpn J Clin Oncol. 2006; 36: 159–165., , ,
- 25Gemcitabine plus capecitabine compared with gemcitabine alone in advanced pancreatic cancer: a randomized, multicenter, phase III trial of the Swiss Group for Clinical Cancer Research and the Central European Cooperative Oncology Group. J Clin Oncol. 2007; 25: 2212–2217., , , et al.
- 26Japan Pancreatic Society. Classification of Pancreatic Carcinoma. 2nd ed. Tokyo, Japan: Kanehara & Co. Ltd.; 2003.
- 31European Study Group for Pancreatic Cancer. Influence of resection margins on survival for patients with pancreatic cancer treated by adjuvant chemoradiation and/or chemotherapy in the ESPAC-1 randomized controlled trial. Ann Surg. 2001; 234: 758–768., , , et al.