Fax: (713) 500-9264
Ethnic variations in diagnosis, treatment, socioeconomic status, and survival in a large population-based cohort of elderly patients with non-Hodgkin lymphoma
Article first published online: 20 OCT 2008
Copyright © 2008 American Cancer Society
Volume 113, Issue 11, pages 3231–3241, 1 December 2008
How to Cite
Wang, M., Burau, K. D., Fang, S., Wang, H. and Du, X. L. (2008), Ethnic variations in diagnosis, treatment, socioeconomic status, and survival in a large population-based cohort of elderly patients with non-Hodgkin lymphoma. Cancer, 113: 3231–3241. doi: 10.1002/cncr.23914
- Issue published online: 17 NOV 2008
- Article first published online: 20 OCT 2008
- Manuscript Accepted: 10 JUL 2008
- Manuscript Revised: 23 MAY 2008
- Manuscript Received: 27 MAR 2008
- 1National Cancer Institute. Cancer Stat Fact Sheets. Available at: http://seer.cancer.gov/statfacts/html/nhl.html Accessed February 11, 2008.
- 2American Cancer Society. Cancer Facts & Figures 2007. Available at: http://www.cancer.org/downloads/STT/CAFF2007PWSecured.pdf Accessed February 11, 2008.
- 8CHOP is the standard regimen in patients > or = 70 years of age with intermediate-grade and high-grade non-Hodgkin's lymphoma: results of a randomized study of the European Organization for Research and Treatment of Cancer Lymphoma Cooperative Study Group. J Clin Oncol. 1998; 16: 27–34., , , et al.
- 16The addition of rituximab to a combination of fludarabine, cyclophosphamide, mitoxantrone (FCM) significantly increases the response rate and prolongs survival as compared with FCM alone in patients with relapsed and refractory follicular and mantle cell lymphomas: results of a prospective randomized study of the German Low-Grade Lymphoma Study Group. Blood. 2004; 104: 3064–3071., , , et al.
- 25Overview of the SEER-Medicare data: content, research applications, and generalizability to the United States elderly population. Med Care. 2002; 40( 8 suppl): IV-3–18., , , , .
- 27National Cancer Institute. SEER Data Reporting Tools. Available at:http://seer.cancer.gov/analysis/ Accessed February 13, 2008.
- 30Utility of the SEER-Medicare data to identify chemotherapy use. Med Care. 2002; 40( 8 suppl): IV-55–61., , , et al.
- 31US Public Health Services. International Classification of Diseases. 9th rev, Clinical Modification. 5th ed. Los Angeles, CA: Practice Management Information Corporation; 1996.
- 32Health Care Financing Administration. HCFA Common Procedure Coding System (HCPCS): National Level-II Medicare Codes. Los Angeles, CA: Practice Management Information Corp; 1994.
- 40Patient demographic and socioeconomic characteristics in the SEER-Medicare database applications and limitations. Med Care. 2002; 40( 8 suppl): IV-19–25., , , et al.
- 41Survival Analysis Using the SAS System: A Practical Guide. Cary, NC: SAS Institute Inc.; 1995..