Fax: (310) 794-3288
Mortality increases when radical cystectomy is delayed more than 12 weeks†
Results From a Surveillance, Epidemiology, and End Results–Medicare Analysis
Version of Record online: 13 JAN 2009
Copyright © 2009 American Cancer Society
Volume 115, Issue 5, pages 988–996, 1 March 2009
How to Cite
Gore, J. L., Lai, J., Setodji, C. M., Litwin, M. S. and Saigal, C. S. (2009), Mortality increases when radical cystectomy is delayed more than 12 weeks. Cancer, 115: 988–996. doi: 10.1002/cncr.24052
This study used the linked Surveillance, Epidemiology, and End Results (SEER)-Medicare database. The design of the study, interpretation and reporting of these data, and preparation of the manuscript were the sole responsibility of the authors. The authors acknowledge the efforts of the Applied Research Program, National Cancer Institute; the Office of Research, Development, and Information, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services; Information Management Services, Inc.; and the SEER program tumor registries in the creation of the SEER-Medicare database.
- Issue online: 18 FEB 2009
- Version of Record online: 13 JAN 2009
- Manuscript Accepted: 21 AUG 2008
- Manuscript Revised: 18 AUG 2008
- Manuscript Received: 8 JUL 2008
- 2AJCC Cancer Staging Manual. 6th ed. New York, NY: Springer-Verlag; 2002., , , et al.
- 4Standards for Cancer Registries Volume III: Standards for Completeness, Quality, Analysis, Management, Security, and Confidentiality of Data. Springfield, IL: North American Association of Central Cancer Registries; 2008..
- 14Regionalization of radical cystectomy. J Urol. 2004; 171( 4 suppl): 36. Abstract 137., , , , , .