Fax: (734) 647-2417
Breast biopsy patterns and outcomes in Surveillance, Epidemiology, and End Results—Medicare data†
Version of Record online: 17 JAN 2009
Copyright © 2009 American Cancer Society
Volume 115, Issue 4, pages 716–724, 15 February 2009
How to Cite
Friese, C. R., Neville, B. A., Edge, S. B., Hassett, M. J. and Earle, C. C. (2009), Breast biopsy patterns and outcomes in Surveillance, Epidemiology, and End Results—Medicare data. Cancer, 115: 716–724. doi: 10.1002/cncr.24085
Findings from this article were presented at the ASCO Breast Symposium, San Francisco, California, September 7-8, 2007.
- Issue online: 2 FEB 2009
- Version of Record online: 17 JAN 2009
- Manuscript Accepted: 14 AUG 2008
- Manuscript Revised: 15 JUL 2008
- Manuscript Received: 20 MAY 2008
- National Cancer Institute. Grant Number: R25 CA 057711-12
- 3Quality of diagnosis and surgical management of breast lesions in a community hospital: room for improvement? Can J Surg. 2005; 49: 185-192., .
- 4National Cancer Institute. Overview of the SEER Program. Available at: URL:http://seer.cancer.gov/about/ Accessed October 21, 2008.
- 5Use of SEER-Medicare data for measuring cancer surgery. Med Care. 2002; 40( 8 suppl): IV-43-8., , , , , .
- 6Overview of the SEER-Medicare data: content, research applications, and generalizability to the United States elderly population. Med Care. 2002; 40( 8 suppl): IV-3-18., , , , .
- 8SEER cancer statistics review, 1973-1994. NIH Publication 97-2789. Bethesda, MD: National Cancer Institute; 1997., , , , , .
- 16Ensuring Quality Cancer Care. Washington, DC: National Cancer Policy Board, Institute of Medicine; 1999., .
- 18Institute of Medicine. Crossing the quality Chasm: A New Health System for the 21st Century. Washington, DC: National Academy Press; 2001.