Fax: (011) 39-091-6554529
Gemcitabine-based doublets versus single-agent therapy for elderly patients with advanced nonsmall cell lung cancer
A Literature-based Meta-analysis
Article first published online: 20 FEB 2009
Copyright © 2009 American Cancer Society
Volume 115, Issue 9, pages 1924–1931, 1 May 2009
How to Cite
Russo, A., Rizzo, S., Fulfaro, F., Adamo, V., Santini, D., Vincenzi, B., Gebbia, N. and Carreca, I. (2009), Gemcitabine-based doublets versus single-agent therapy for elderly patients with advanced nonsmall cell lung cancer. Cancer, 115: 1924–1931. doi: 10.1002/cncr.24207
- Issue published online: 20 APR 2009
- Article first published online: 20 FEB 2009
- Manuscript Accepted: 24 OCT 2008
- Manuscript Revised: 19 OCT 2008
- Manuscript Received: 16 JUL 2008
- 8Elderly subgroup analysis of a randomized phase III study of docetaxel plus platinum combinations versus vinorelbine plus cisplatin for first-line treatment of advanced nonsmall cell lung carcinoma (TAX 326). Cancer. 2005; 104: 2766-2774., .
- 9The impact of age on toxicity, response rate, quality of life, and survival in patients with advanced, stage IIIB or IV nonsmall cell lung carcinoma treated with carboplatin and paclitaxel. Cancer. 2003; 98: 779-788., , , , .
- 20Gemcitabine plus vinorelbine yields better survival outcome than vinorelbine alone in elderly patients with advanced non-small cell lung cancer. A Southern Italy Cooperative Oncology Group (SICOG) phase III trial. Lung Cancer. 2001; 34( suppl 4): S65-S69., , , et al.
- 21Weekly docetaxel versus docetaxel/gemcitabine in the treatment of elderly or poor performance status patients with advanced nonsmall cell lung cancer: a randomized phase 3 trial of the Minnie Pearl Cancer Research Network. Cancer. 2007; 110: 2027-2034., , , et al.
- 25Elderly patients benefit from second-line cytotoxic chemotherapy: a subset analysis of a randomized phase III trial of pemetrexed compared with docetaxel in patients with previously treated advanced non-small-cell lung cancer. J Clin Oncol. 2006; 24: 4405-4411., , , et al.