Fax: (011) 31-10-7038474 or (011) 31-10-7038475
A novel hypothesis on the sensitivity of the fecal occult blood test†
Results of a joint analysis of 3 randomized controlled trials
Version of Record online: 13 MAR 2009
Copyright © 2009 American Cancer Society
Volume 115, Issue 11, pages 2410–2419, 1 June 2009
How to Cite
Lansdorp-Vogelaar, I., van Ballegooijen, M., Boer, R., Zauber, A. and Habbema, J. D. F. (2009), A novel hypothesis on the sensitivity of the fecal occult blood test. Cancer, 115: 2410–2419. doi: 10.1002/cncr.24256
The authors are indebted to their collaborators in this study: Prof. O. Kronborg, Mrs. Dr. D. Gyrd-Hansen, Odense University Hospital; Prof. J. Faivre, Mrs. Dr. C. Lejeune, Burgundy Cancer Registry; Prof. J.D. Hardcastle, Prof. D.K. Whynes, University of Nottingham; Dr. N. Segnan, Dr. G. Castiglione, Dr. C. Senore, Centro Prevenzione Oncologica Regione Piemonte; Dr. G. Hoff, Telemark Central Hospital; Dr. E. Thiis-Evensen, Riskhospitalet; Dr. H. Brevinge, Sahlgrens Hospital; Dr. T. Church, University of Minnesota; Dr. F. Loeve and Dr. G. van Oortmarssen, Erasmus MC University Medical Center Rotterdam. Their cooperation was essential for the successful completion of the study.
- Issue online: 20 MAY 2009
- Version of Record online: 13 MAR 2009
- Manuscript Accepted: 4 NOV 2008
- Manuscript Received: 9 SEP 2008
- European Commission. Grant Number: 99/CAN/36,898
- National Cancer Institute. Grant Number: U01 CA97426
- 8Comparison of response surface methodology and the Nelder and Mead simplex method for optimization in microsimulation models. Rotterdam: Econometric Institute; 1999., , , , , .
- 9Direct search methods: once scorned, now respectable. In: GriffithsDF, WatsonGA, eds. Numerical analysis 1995 (proceedings of the 1995 Dundee Biennial Conference in Numerical Analysis). United Kingdom: Addison Wesley Longman, Harlow; 1996: 191-208..
- 11Final report MISCAN-COLON microsimulation model for colorectal cancer. Rotterdam: Department of Public Health, Erasmus University; 1998., , , , .
- 14http://cisnet.cancer.gov/profiles Accessed September 9, 2008., , , et al. Model profiler of the MISCAN-Colon microsimulation model for colorectal cancer. Department of Public Health, Erasmus MC, 2004. Available at:
- 19How does colorectal cancer present? Symptoms, duration, and clues to location. Am J Gastroenterol. 1999; 94: 3039-3045., , .Direct Link: