Fax: (716) 845-2343
Treating octogenarian and nonagenarian acute myeloid leukemia patients—Predictive prognostic models†
Article first published online: 25 MAR 2009
Copyright © 2009 American Cancer Society
Volume 115, Issue 11, pages 2472–2481, 1 June 2009
How to Cite
Harb, A. J., Tan, W., Wilding, G. E., Ford, L., Sait, S. N. J., Block, A. W., Barcos, M., Wallace, P. K., Wang, E. S. and Wetzler, M. (2009), Treating octogenarian and nonagenarian acute myeloid leukemia patients—Predictive prognostic models. Cancer, 115: 2472–2481. doi: 10.1002/cncr.24285
All authors reviewed and approved the final article. Dr. Harb reviewed all cases and wrote the article. Ms. Tan and Dr. Wilding performed the statistical analyses. Ms. Ford constructed the database. Drs. Sait and Block reviewed all karyotype analyses. Dr. Barcos reviewed the pathology specimens. Dr. Wallace reviewed the flow cytometry data. Dr. Wang contributed to the care of the patients. Dr. Wetzler oversaw the conduct of the study and contributed to article preparation.
- Issue published online: 20 MAY 2009
- Article first published online: 25 MAR 2009
- Manuscript Accepted: 21 NOV 2008
- Manuscript Revised: 7 NOV 2008
- Manuscript Received: 19 SEP 2008
- 14The haematopoietic cell transplantation comorbidity index score is predictive of early death and survival in patients over 60 years of age receiving induction therapy for acute myeloid leukaemia. Br J Haematol. 2007; 136: 624-627., , , et al.
- 16Atlanta, Ga: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention; 2008. Available at http://www.cdc.gov
- 18Pretreatment cytogenetic abnormalities are predictive of induction success, cumulative incidence of relapse, and overall survival in adult patients with de novo acute myeloid leukemia: results from Cancer and Leukemia Group B (CALGB 8461). Blood. 2002; 100: 4325-4336., , , et al.
- 24On the value of intensive remission-induction chemotherapy in elderly patients of 65+ years with acute myeloid leukemia: a randomized phase III study of the European Organization for Research and Treatment of Cancer Leukemia Group. J Clin Oncol. 1989; 7: 1268-1274., , , et al.
- 31Postremission treatment of elderly patients with acute myeloid leukemia in first complete remission after intensive induction chemotherapy: results of the multicenter randomized Acute Leukemia French Association (ALFA) 9803 trial. Blood. 2007; 109: 5129-5135., , , et al.
- 36Pathology and Genetics: Tumours of Haematopoietic and Lymphoid Tissues. World Health Organization Classification of Tumours. Lyon, France: IARC Press; 2001., , , .
- 37A comparison of low-dose cytarabine and hydroxyurea with or without all-trans retinoic acid for acute myeloid leukemia and high-risk myelodysplastic syndrome in patients not considered fit for intensive treatment. Cancer. 2007; 109: 1114-1124., , , et al.