Fax: (281) 332-8429
Quality of pathologic response and surgery correlate with survival for patients with completely resected bladder cancer after neoadjuvant chemotherapy†
Version of Record online: 10 JUN 2009
Copyright © 2009 American Cancer Society
Volume 115, Issue 18, pages 4104–4109, 15 September 2009
How to Cite
Sonpavde, G., Goldman, B. H., Speights, V. O., Lerner, S. P., Wood, D. P., Vogelzang, N. J., Trump, D. L., Natale, R. B., Grossman, H. B. and Crawford, E. D. (2009), Quality of pathologic response and surgery correlate with survival for patients with completely resected bladder cancer after neoadjuvant chemotherapy. Cancer, 115: 4104–4109. doi: 10.1002/cncr.24466
From the Southwest Oncology Group, Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group, and Cancer and Leukemia Group B.
- Issue online: 4 SEP 2009
- Version of Record online: 10 JUN 2009
- Manuscript Accepted: 26 JAN 2009
- Manuscript Revised: 21 JAN 2009
- Manuscript Received: 9 DEC 2008
- National Cancer Institute
- Department of Health and Human Services. Grant Numbers: CA32102, CA38926, CA21115, CA35421, CA46441, CA22433, CA42777, CA58861, CA59416, CA46282, CA27057, CA14028, CA46113, CA20319, CA46136, CA45377, CA128567, CA45560, CA35431, CA32734, CA35261, CA35090, CA16385, CA58882, CA76447, CA46368, CA68183, CA28862, CA58415, CA35281, CA63844, CA35192, CA35117, CA35084, CA58686, CA35262
- Eli Lilly
- Bristol-Myers Squibb
- 2[no authors listed]. Neoadjuvant cisplatin, methotrexate, and vinblastine chemotherapy for muscle-invasive bladder cancer: a randomised controlled trial. International Collaboration of Trialists [erratum in Lancet. 1999;354:1650]. Lancet. 1999; 354: 533-540.
- 3on behalf of the International Collaboration of Trialists of the MRC Advanced Bladder Cancer Group, MRC Clinical Trials Unit, London, UK. Updated results of a randomised controlled trial of neoadjuvant cisplatin (C), methotrexate (M) and vinblastine (V) chemotherapy for muscle-invasive bladder cancer [abstract]. Proc Am Soc Clin Oncol. 2002; 21. Abstract 710.,
- 6Optimal combined modality treatment improves outcome of locally advanced bladder cancer: analysis of SWOG 8710. ASCO Annual Meeting Proceedings. J Clin Oncol. 2005; 23( 16 suppl, part I of II): 4531., , , .
- 12Doxorubicin with cyclophosphamide followed by docetaxel every 21 days compared with doxorubicin and docetaxel every 14 days as preoperative treatment in operable breast cancer: the GEPARDUO study of the German Breast Group. J Clin Oncol. 2005; 23: 2676-2685., , , et al.
- 24The impact of postoperative complications on the timing of adjuvant chemotherapy in patients undergoing radical cystectomy for invasive or node positive bladder cancer [abstract]. Proceedings of the American Urological Association Annual Meeting, Orlando, Florida, May 17-22, 2008. Abstract 848., , , et al.
- 27BRCA1 mRNA expression in patients (p) with bladder cancer treated with neoadjuvant cisplatin-based chemotherapy [abstract]. J Clin Oncol. 2008; 26( suppl). Abstract 5021., , , et al.
- 29The prognostic significance of Ki67 before and after neoadjuvant chemotherapy in breast cancer. Breast Cancer Res Treat. In press., , , et al.