Fax: (617) 632-4247
Outcomes of patients with stage III nonsmall cell lung cancer treated with chemotherapy and radiation with and without surgery
Version of Record online: 23 JUN 2009
Copyright © 2009 American Cancer Society
Volume 115, Issue 18, pages 4156–4166, 15 September 2009
How to Cite
Caglar, H. B., Baldini, E. H., Othus, M., Rabin, M. S., Bueno, R., Sugarbaker, D. J., Mentzer, S. J., Jänne, P. A., Johnson, B. E. and Allen, A. M. (2009), Outcomes of patients with stage III nonsmall cell lung cancer treated with chemotherapy and radiation with and without surgery. Cancer, 115: 4156–4166. doi: 10.1002/cncr.24492
- Issue online: 4 SEP 2009
- Version of Record online: 23 JUN 2009
- Manuscript Accepted: 11 FEB 2009
- Manuscript Revised: 3 FEB 2009
- Manuscript Received: 5 JUN 2008
- 4Randomized phase III trial of sequential chemoradiotherapy compared with concurrent chemoradiotherapy in locally advanced non-small-cell lung cancer: Groupe Lyon-Saint-Etienne d'Oncologie Thoracique-Groupe Francais de Pneumo-Cancerologie NPC 95-01 study. J Clin Oncol. 2005; 23: 5910-5917., , , et al.
- 5Concomitant radio-chemotherapy (CT-RT) versus sequential CT-RT in locally advanced non-small-cell lung cancer (NSCLC): a meta-analysis using individual patient data (IPD) from randomised clinical trials (RCTs) [abstract]. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2007; 69: S5. Abstract 9., , , et al.
- 8North American Lung Cancer Intergroup. Phase III study of concurrent chemotherapy and radiotherapy (CT/RT) vs CT/RT followed by surgical resection for stage IIIA (pN2) non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC): outcomes update of North American Intergroup 0139 (RTOG 9309) [abstract]. 2005 ASCO Annual Meeting Proceedings. J Clin Oncol. 2005; 23( 16S; pt I of II). Abstract 7014., , , et al;
- 11Cancer: Principles and Practice of Oncology: Lung Cancer. Philadelphia, Pa: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, 2006., , .
- 18Potential for reduced toxicity and dose escalation in the treatment of inoperable non-small-cell lung cancer: a comparison of intensity-modulated radiation therapy (IMRT), 3D conformal radiation, and elective nodal irradiation. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2003; 57: 875-890., , , , , .
- 19Incidental irradiation of nodal regions at risk during limited-field radiotherapy (RT) in dose-escalation studies in nonsmall cell lung cancer (NSCLC). Enough to convert no-elective into elective nodal irradiation (ENI)? Radiother Oncol. 2004; 71: 123-125..
- 23R Development Core Team. R: A Language and Environment for Statistical Computing. Vienna, Austria; R Foundation for Statistical Computing; 2006. Available at: http://www.R-project.org. Accessed June 2009.
- 26Randomized trial of amifostine in locally advanced non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) patients receiving chemotherapy and hyperfractionated radiation (HRT): long-term survival results of Radiation Therapy Oncology Group (RTOG) 9801 [abstract]. 2007 ASCO Annual Meeting Proceedings, part 1. J Clin Oncol. 2007; 18S(June 20 suppl). Abstract 7529., , , et al.,
- 32Phase III comparison of sequential vs concurrent chemoradiation for patients with unresected stage III non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC): initial report of Radiation Therapy Oncology Group (RTOG) 94-10 [abstract]. Proc Am Soc Clin Oncol. 2000; 19. Abstract 1891., , , et al.
- 33Response, toxicity, failure patterns, and survival in 5 Radiation Therapy Oncology Group (RTOG) trials of sequential and/or concurrent chemotherapy and radiotherapy for locally advanced non-small-cell carcinoma of the lung. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 1998; 42: 469-478., , , et al.
- 34Comparison of outcomes for patients with unresectable, locally advanced non-small-cell lung cancer treated with induction chemotherapy followed by concurrent chemoradiation vs. concurrent chemoradiation alone. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2007; 68: 779-785., , , et al.