Fax: (301) 496-6829
Version of Record online: 30 JUL 2009
Published 2009 American Cancer Society
Volume 115, Issue 21, pages 5060–5070, 1 November 2009
How to Cite
Moore, S. C., Peters, T. M., Ahn, J., Park, Y., Schatzkin, A., Albanes, D., Hollenbeck, A. and Leitzmann, M. F. (2009), Age-specific physical activity and prostate cancer risk among white men and black men. Cancer, 115: 5060–5070. doi: 10.1002/cncr.24538
We are indebted to the participants in the NIH-AARP Diet and Health Study for their outstanding cooperation. This work was supported by the Intramural Research Program of the National Institutes of Health, National Cancer Institute, and by grant TU2CA105666 (to S.C.M.). S.C.M. had full access to all of the data in the study and takes responsibility for the integrity of the data and the accuracy of the data analysis. Cancer incidence data from the Atlanta metropolitan area were collected by the Georgia Center for Cancer Statistics, Department of Epidemiology, Rollins School of Public Health, Emory University. Cancer incidence data from California were collected by the California Department of Health Services, Cancer Surveillance Section. Cancer incidence data from the Detroit metropolitan area were collected by the Michigan Cancer Surveillance Program, Community Health Administration, State of Michigan. The Florida cancer incidence data used in this report were collected by the Florida Cancer Data System under contract to the Department of Health (DOH). The views expressed herein are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the contractor or DOH. Cancer incidence data from Louisiana were collected by the Louisiana Tumor Registry, Louisiana State University Medical Center in New Orleans. Cancer incidence data from New Jersey were collected by the New Jersey State Cancer Registry, Cancer Epidemiology Services, New Jersey State Department of Health and Senior Services. Cancer incidence data from North Carolina were collected by the North Carolina Central Cancer Registry. Cancer incidence data from Pennsylvania were supplied by the Division of Health Statistics and Research, Pennsylvania Department of Health, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania. The Pennsylvania Department of Health specifically disclaims responsibility for any analyses, interpretations or conclusions.
This article is US Government work and, as such, is in the public domain in the United States of America.
- Issue online: 19 OCT 2009
- Version of Record online: 30 JUL 2009
- Manuscript Revised: 11 MAR 2009
- Manuscript Accepted: 4 MAR 2009
- Manuscript Received: 29 DEC 2008
- 3Physical activity and prostate cancer risk. In: Anne McTiernan, ed. Cancer Prevention and Management through Exercise and Weight Control. Boca Raton, Fla: Taylor & Francis Group, LLC; 2006..
- 14Comparison of cancer registry case ascertainment with SEER estimates and self-reporting in a subset of the NIH-AARP Diet and Health Study. J Registr Manage. 2005; 32: 70-75., , , et al.
- 15Sixty-five+ in the United States: 2005. Washington, DC: US Department of Health and Human Services; 2008. Available at: http://www.census.gov/prod/2006pubs/p23-209.pdf Accessed December 17, 2008., , , .