Fax: (215) 590-3020
Family psychosocial risk, distress, and service utilization in pediatric cancer†
Predictive validity of the Psychosocial Assessment Tool
Article first published online: 4 SEP 2009
Copyright © 2009 American Cancer Society
Supplement: Cancer Survivorship Research: Mapping the New Challenges Atlanta, Georgia, Supplement to Cancer
Volume 115, Issue Supplement 18, pages 4339–4349, 15 September 2009
How to Cite
Alderfer, M. A., Mougianis, I., Barakat, L. P., Beele, D., DiTaranto, S., Hwang, W.-T., Reilly, A. T. and Kazak, A. E. (2009), Family psychosocial risk, distress, and service utilization in pediatric cancer. Cancer, 115: 4339–4349. doi: 10.1002/cncr.24587
Presented at the Fourth Biennial Cancer Survivorship Research Conference entitled “Cancer Survivorship Research: Mapping the New Challenges,” Atlanta, Georgia, June 18-20, 2008.
- Issue published online: 4 SEP 2009
- Article first published online: 4 SEP 2009
- Manuscript Accepted: 5 MAY 2009
- Manuscript Revised: 8 APR 2009
- Manuscript Received: 15 JAN 2009
- National Cancer Institute. Grant Number: CA98039
- 1RiesLAG, MelbertD, KrapchoM, et al, eds. SEER Cancer Statistics Review, 1975-2005. Bethesda, Md: National Cancer Institute; 2008. Available at: http://seer.cancer.gov/csr/1975-2005/ Accessed August 1, 2008.
- 5Institute of Medicine. Cancer Care for the Whole Patient: Meeting Psychosocial Health Needs. Washington, DC: National Academies Press; 2007.
- 12Pediatric Psychosocial Preventative Health Model (PPPHM): research, practice and collaboration in pediatric family systems medicine. Fam Syst Health. 2006; 24: 381-395..
- 13US Department of Health and Human Services. Mental Health: A Report of the Surgeon General. Rockville, Md: US Department of Health and Human Services, Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, Center for Mental Health Services, National Institutes of Health, National Institute of Mental Health; 1999. Available at: http://www.surgeongeneral.gov/library/mentalhealth/home.html Accessed November 18, 2008.
- 15The Psychosocial Assessment Tool (PAT): pilot data on a brief screening instrument for identifying high risk families in pediatric oncology. Fam Syst Health. 2001; 19: 303-317., , , et al.
- 16The Four-Factor Index of Social Position. New Haven, Conn: Yale University Press; 1975..
- 17Manual for the State-Trait Anxiety Inventory. Palo Alto, Calif: Consulting Psychologists Press; 1983..
- 19The PTSD Checklist (PCL): reliability, validity, and diagnostic utility. Poster presented at: Ninth Annual Meeting of the International Society for Traumatic Stress Studies, San Antonio, Texas, October 24-27, 1993., , , , .
- 21Parenting Stress Index. 3rd ed. Lutz, Fla: Psychological Assessment Resources; 1995..
- 22Family Environment Scale. Palo Alto, Calif: Consulting Psychologists Press; 1974., .
- 24Manual for the Behavior Assessment System for Children. 2nd ed. Circle Pines, MN: AGS Publishing; 2004., .