Fax: (802) 656-5493
Phase 2 trial results with the novel neurokinin-1 receptor antagonist casopitant in combination with ondansetron and dexamethasone for the prevention of chemotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting in cancer patients receiving moderately emetogenic chemotherapy
Version of Record online: 15 OCT 2009
Copyright © 2009 American Cancer Society
Volume 115, Issue 24, pages 5807–5816, 15 December 2009
How to Cite
Arpornwirat, W., Albert, I., Hansen, V. L., Levin, J., Bandekar, R. R. and Grunberg, S. M. (2009), Phase 2 trial results with the novel neurokinin-1 receptor antagonist casopitant in combination with ondansetron and dexamethasone for the prevention of chemotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting in cancer patients receiving moderately emetogenic chemotherapy. Cancer, 115: 5807–5816. doi: 10.1002/cncr.24630
- Issue online: 2 DEC 2009
- Version of Record online: 15 OCT 2009
- Manuscript Accepted: 17 FEB 2009
- Manuscript Revised: 2 DEC 2008
- Manuscript Received: 27 AUG 2008
- 3Co-administration of ondansetron and casopitant mesylate, a novel NK-1 receptor antagonist, results in augmented anti-emetic activity in the ferret [abstract]. Proc Am Soc Clin Oncol. 2006; 24: 18S. Abstract 18608., .
- 4Evaluation of the NK-1 receptor antagonist, GW679769, in cisplatin-induced acute and delayed emesis in the ferret [abstract]. Support Care Cancer. 2005; 13: 418. Abstract 04-030..
- 5Casopitant for preventing postoperative vomiting in patients receiving opioids: pooled data analysis [abstract]. Paper presented at: 57th Annual Meeting of the American Society of Anesthesiologists; Madrid, Spain; October 13-17, 2006. Abstract A206., , , , .
- 6Randomized, double-blind, dose-ranging trial of the oral neurokinin-1 receptor antagonist casopitant mesylate for the prevention of cisplatin-induced nausea and vomiting. Ann Oncol.In press., , , , , , .
- 7GlaxoSmithKline. Data on file: GlaxoSmithKline Studies NKV10001 and NKV100787. Collegeville, Pa: GlaxoSmithKline; 2008.
- 8Trend tests for counts and proportions. Armitage P, Colton T, eds. Encyclopedia of Biostatistics. 6th ed. Chichester, United Kingdom: John Wiley & Sons; 1998: 4573-4584., , .
- 11Multinational Association of Supportive Care in Cancer. Consensus Conference on Antiemetic Therapy, March 29-31, 2004, Perugia, Italy. Latest Update: April 2007. Available at: http://www.mascc.org/media/Resource_centers/MASCC_Guidelines_Update.pdf Accessed August 8, 2007.