Fax: (617) 632-1930
The effects of paclitaxel, dose density, and trastuzumab on treatment-related amenorrhea in premenopausal women with breast cancer
Article first published online: 5 JAN 2010
Copyright © 2010 American Cancer Society
Volume 116, Issue 4, pages 791–798, 15 February 2010
How to Cite
Abusief, M. E., Missmer, S. A., Ginsburg, E. S., Weeks, J. C. and Partridge, A. H. (2010), The effects of paclitaxel, dose density, and trastuzumab on treatment-related amenorrhea in premenopausal women with breast cancer. Cancer, 116: 791–798. doi: 10.1002/cncr.24835
- Issue published online: 2 FEB 2010
- Article first published online: 5 JAN 2010
- Manuscript Accepted: 15 JUN 2009
- Manuscript Revised: 21 MAY 2009
- Manuscript Received: 16 FEB 2009
- 1RiesL, EisnerM, KosaryC, et al. eds. SEER Cancer Statistics Review, vol 2007, 1975-2001. Bethesda, Md: National Cancer Institute; 2005.
- 10Chemotherapy-induced amenorrhea and fertility in women undergoing adjuvant treatment for breast cancer. Cancer Control. 2002; 9: 466-472., .
- 11Reproductive issues. In: HarrisJR, ed. Diseases of the Breast. 2nd ed. Philadelphia, Pa: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins; 2000: 1051-1059., .
- 13Immediate and long-term toxicity of adjuvant chemotherapy regimens containing doxorubicin in trials at M.D. Anderson Hospital and Tumor Institute. NCI Monogr. 1986; 1: 105-109., , , .
- 19Chemotherapy-induced amenorrhea is increased in patients treated with adjuvant doxorubicin and cyclophosphamide (AC) followed by a taxane (T). 2005 ASCO Annual Meeting Proceedings [abstract]. J Clin Oncol. 2005; 23( part I of II; June 1 suppl): 16S. Abstract651., , , , .
- 23The impact of paclitaxel on menstrual function. Breast Cancer Res Treat 2005; 94( suppl): 271s-272s., , , et al.
- 25Safety analysis of the PACS 01 adjuvant trial comparing 6 cycles of FEC 100 followed by 3 cycles of docetaxel (Taxotere) for node positive breast cancer [abstract]. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2003; 82. S32. Abstract 144., , , et al.
- 26Chemotherapy-induced amenorrhea (CIA) in patients treated with adjuvant CEF/CMF or EC/docetaxel: analysis from a phase III randomized EC/Doc Trial [abstract]. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 1005; 94( S105). Abstract 2063., , .
- 27Rate of chemotherapy related amenorrhea (CRA) associated with adjuvant Adriamycin and Cytoxan (AC) and Adriamycin and Cytoxan followed by Taxol (AC+T) in early stage breast cancer [abstract]. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2000; 64: 61. Abstract 224., , , et al.
- 28Effect of paclitaxel (P)-based chemotherapy on the ovarian failure (OF) of breast cancer patients (pts): a retrospective study [abstract]. Proc Am Soc Clin Oncol. 2003; 22. Abstract 3029., , , et al.
- 29Chemotherapy-related amenorrhea (CRA) in breast cancer survivors: impact of taxanes on ovarian function [abstract]. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2004; 88( suppl 1): 61s. Abstract 1060., , , et al.
- 30Randomized trial of dose-dense versus conventionally scheduled and sequential versus concurrent combination chemotherapy as postoperative adjuvant treatment of node-positive primary breast cancer: first report of Intergroup Trial C9741/Cancer and Leukemia Group B Trial 9741. J Clin Oncol. 2003; 21: 1431-1439., , , et al.