Fax: (301) 496-6829
The association of menstrual and reproductive factors with upper gastrointestinal tract cancers in the NIH-AARP cohort†
Article first published online: 22 FEB 2010
Copyright © 2010 American Cancer Society
Volume 116, Issue 6, pages 1572–1581, 15 March 2010
How to Cite
Freedman, N. D., Lacey, J. V., Hollenbeck, A. R., Leitzmann, M. F., Schatzkin, A. and Abnet, C. C. (2010), The association of menstrual and reproductive factors with upper gastrointestinal tract cancers in the NIH-AARP cohort. Cancer, 116: 1572–1581. doi: 10.1002/cncr.24880
Cancer incidence data from Arizona was collected by the Arizona Cancer Registry; from Georgia by the Georgia Center for Cancer Statistics; from California by the California Department of Health Services, Cancer Surveillance Section; from Michigan by the Michigan Cancer Surveillance Program; from Florida by the Florida Cancer Data System under contract to the Department of Health (DOH); from Louisiana by the Louisiana Tumor Registry; from Nevada by the Nevada Central Cancer registry; from New Jersey by the New Jersey State Cancer Registry; from North Carolina by the North Carolina Central Cancer Registry; from Pennsylvania by the Division of Health Statistics and Research, Pennsylvania Department of Health; from Texas by the Texas Cancer Registry. The views expressed herein are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the Cancer registries or contractors. The Pennsylvania Department of Health specifically disclaims responsibility for any analyses, interpretations or conclusions. We are indebted to the participants in the NIH-AARP Diet and Health Study for their outstanding cooperation.
- Issue published online: 3 MAR 2010
- Article first published online: 22 FEB 2010
- Manuscript Accepted: 10 JUL 2009
- Manuscript Revised: 23 JUN 2009
- Manuscript Received: 15 MAY 2009
- Intramural Research Program of the National Institutes of Health, National Cancer Institute
- 25Comparison of cancer registry case ascertainment with SEER estimates and self-reporting in a subset of the NIH-AARP Diet and Health Study. Journal of Registry Management. 2005; 32: 70-75., , , et al.
- 28Regression models and life-tables. Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B-Statistical Methodology. 1972; 34: 187..