Fax: (404) 727-7261
A population-based study and first report
Version of Record online: 24 MAR 2010
Copyright © 2010 American Cancer Society
Volume 116, Issue 11, pages 2549–2559, 1 June 2010
How to Cite
Lund, M. J., Butler, E. N., Hair, B. Y., Ward, K. C., Andrews, J. H., Oprea-Ilies, G., Bayakly, A. R., O'Regan, R. M., Vertino, P. M. and Eley, J. W. (2010), Age/race differences in HER2 testing and in incidence rates for breast cancer triple subtypes. Cancer, 116: 2549–2559. doi: 10.1002/cncr.25016
Portions of this manuscript were accepted for presentation at the San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium, December 9-13, 2009.
This work was supported by the National Cancer Institute Surveillance Epidemiology and End Results (NCI SEER) program contract # N01-PC-35135 (KCW, JHA), the Avon Foundation (MJL, PV), Glenn Foundation (MJL, RMO), and the Sindab Endowment (MJL, ENB, RO).
- Issue online: 19 MAY 2010
- Version of Record online: 24 MAR 2010
- Manuscript Accepted: 4 SEP 2009
- Manuscript Revised: 26 AUG 2009
- Manuscript Received: 21 JUL 2009
- 1American Cancer Society. Cancer Facts and Figures 2009. Atlanta, Ga: American Cancer Society; 2009.
- 11Standards for Cancer Registries Volume II: Data Standards and Data Dictionary, Eleventh Edition, Version 11.1. Springfield, Ill: North American Association of Central Cancer Registries; 2006., .
- 12SEER Program Coding and Staging Manual. Bethesda, Md: National Cancer Institute; 2007. NIH publication no. 07-5581., .
- 13National Comprehensive Cancer Center Clinical Practice Guidelines in Oncology, Breast Cancer Version 2. 2006. Available at: http://www.nccn.org/professionals/physician_gls/PDF/breast.pdf.
- 17Advances in adjuvant therapy for breast cancer. Clin Adv Hematol Oncol. 2006; 4( 3 suppl 7) suppl 1, 4-9., , , et al.
- 20High-throughput protein expression analysis using tissue microarray technology of a large well-characterised series identifies biologically distinct classes of breast cancer confirming recent cDNA expression analyses. Int J Cancer. 2005; 116: 340-350., , , et al.
- 21Descriptive analysis of estrogen receptor (ER)-negative, progesterone receptor (PR)-negative, and HER2-negative invasive breast cancer, the so-called triple-negative phenotype: A population-based study from the California cancer Registry. Cancer. 2007; 109: 1721-1728, , , et al.
- 34SecureAction. Advanced Encryption Package 2007. Available at: http://www.secureaction.com. Accessed on February 4, 2007.
- 36US Bureau of the Census. Census of population and housing: 2000 [summary file 3, technical documentation]. Washington, DC: US Bureau of the Census; 2002.
- 38US Bureau of the Census. Poverty areas. Available at: http://www.census.gov/hhes/www/poverty/definitions.html. Accessed on August 5, 2007.
- 43National Health Interview Survey. National Center for Health Statistics (NCHS), Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2004. Available at: http://www.icpsr.umich.edu/icpsrweb/ICPSR/studies/04349.
- 45Center for Disease Control. National Program for Cancer Registries; 2009 NPCR-CSS Submission Specifications. Available at: http://www.cdc.gov/cancer/npcr/.