The first 2 authors contributed equally to this article.
Management of adult patients with acute lymphoblastic leukemia in first complete remission
Systematic review and meta-analysis
Article first published online: 27 APR 2010
Copyright © 2010 American Cancer Society
Volume 116, Issue 14, pages 3447–3457, 15 July 2010
How to Cite
Ram, R., Gafter-Gvili, A., Vidal, L., Paul, M., Ben-Bassat, I., Shpilberg, O. and Raanani, P. (2010), Management of adult patients with acute lymphoblastic leukemia in first complete remission. Cancer, 116: 3447–3457. doi: 10.1002/cncr.25136
- Issue published online: 2 JUL 2010
- Article first published online: 27 APR 2010
- Manuscript Accepted: 3 NOV 2009
- Manuscript Revised: 12 SEP 2009
- Manuscript Received: 22 JUL 2009
- 6Allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantation as part of postremission therapy improves survival for adult patients with high-risk acute lymphoblastic leukemia: a meta-analysis. Cancer. 2006; 106: 2657-2663., , , et al.
- 9In adults with standard-risk acute lymphoblastic leukemia, the greatest benefit is achieved from a matched sibling allogeneic transplantation in first complete remission, and an autologous transplantation is less effective than conventional consolidation/maintenance chemotherapy in all patients: final results of the International ALL Trial (MRC UKALL XII/ECOG E2993). Blood. 2008; 111: 1827-1833., , , et al.
- 10Prospective outcome data on 267 unselected adult patients with Philadelphia chromosome-positive acute lymphoblastic leukemia confirms superiority of allogeneic transplantation over chemotherapy in the pre-imatinib era: results from the International ALL Trial MRC UKALLXII/ECOG2993. Blood. 2009; 113: 4489-4496., , et al.
- 12http://www.cochrane.org/resources/hbook.htm Accessed March 1, 2009., , eds. Cochrane Handbook for Systematic Reviews of Interventions 4.2.6 [updated September 2006]. Available at:
- 15Consolidation treatment of adult acute lymphoblastic leukemia: a prospective, randomized trial comparing allogeneic versus autologous bone marrow transplantation and testing the impact of recombinant interleukin-2 after autologous bone marrow transplantation. BGMT Group. Blood. 1995; 86: 1619-1628., , , et al.
- 31Donor search or autografting in patients with acute leukaemia who lack an HLA-identical sibling? A matched-pair analysis Acute Leukaemia Working Party of the European Cooperative Group for Blood and Marrow Transplantation (EBMT) and the International Marrow Unrelated Search and Transplant (IMUST) study. Bone Marrow Transplant. 1997; 19: 963-968., , , et al.