Fax: (720) 848-0222
Improved survival in patients with early stage low-grade follicular lymphoma treated with radiation†
A Surveillance, Epidemiology, and End Results database analysis
Article first published online: 17 MAY 2010
Copyright © 2010 American Cancer Society
Volume 116, Issue 16, pages 3843–3851, 15 August 2010
How to Cite
Pugh, T. J., Ballonoff, A., Newman, F. and Rabinovitch, R. (2010), Improved survival in patients with early stage low-grade follicular lymphoma treated with radiation. Cancer, 116: 3843–3851. doi: 10.1002/cncr.25149
This article is the original work of the authors and was presented at the 50th Annual Meeting of the American Society of Therapeutic Radiology and Oncology, Boston, Massachusetts, September 22, 2008.
- Issue published online: 4 AUG 2010
- Article first published online: 17 MAY 2010
- Manuscript Accepted: 10 NOV 2009
- Manuscript Revised: 1 NOV 2009
- Manuscript Received: 19 AUG 2009
- 1National Cancer Institute. Available at: http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/types/non-hodgkin Accessed October 6, 2008.
- 2A clinical evaluation of the International Lymphoma Study Group Classification of non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma. The Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma Classification Project. Blood. 1997; 89: 3909-3918.
- 5Long term outcome in stage I and II follicular lymphoma following treatment with involved field radiation therapy alone. J Clin Oncol. 2004; 22: 6521., , , et al.
- 9National Comprehensive Cancer Network. Clinical Practice Guidelines in Oncology: Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma. Available at: http://www.nccn.org/professionals/physician_gls/PDF/nhl.pdf Accessed October 12, 2008.
- 10Report on workshop: UICC workshop “Therapy of NHL in early stages.” Part 1: Follicular lymphoma. Ann Hematol. 2001; 80: 13-15., .
- 14Surveillance, Epidemiology, and End-Results Program. Available at: http://seer.cancer.gov/about Accessed October 12, 2008.
- 15http://seer.cancer.gov/manuals/2007/SPCSM_2007_maindoc.pdf Accessed October 20, 2008., . The SEER Program Coding and Staging Manual 2007. National Cancer Institute, NIH Publication number 07-5581. Available at:
- 16AJCC Cancer Staging Handbook. 6th ed. New York, NY: Springer; 2002., , , et al.
- 20Regression models and life-tables. J R Stat Soc [B]. 1972; 34: 187-202..
- 21The place of radiotherapy in the control of non-Hodgkin's lymphomata. Br J Cancer. 1975; 31: 386-401., , , et al.
- 23Comparison in low-tumor-burden follicular lymphomas between an initial no-treatment policy, prednimustine, or interferon alfa: a randomized study from the Groupe d'Etude des Lymphomes Folliculaires. Groupe d'Etude des Lymphomes de l'Adulte. J Clin Oncol. 1997; 15: 1110-1117., , , et al.