Fax: (770) 488-4639
Has the burden shifted over time?
Version of Record online: 10 MAY 2010
Copyright © 2010 American Cancer Society
Volume 116, Issue 14, pages 3477–3484, 15 July 2010
How to Cite
Tangka, F. K., Trogdon, J. G., Richardson, L. C., Howard, D., Sabatino, S. A. and Finkelstein, E. A. (2010), Cancer treatment cost in the United States. Cancer, 116: 3477–3484. doi: 10.1002/cncr.25150
The findings and conclusions in this report are those of the authors and do not necessarily represent the official position of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
This article is United States government work and, as such, is in the public domain in the United States of America
- Issue online: 2 JUL 2010
- Version of Record online: 10 MAY 2010
- Manuscript Accepted: 10 NOV 2009
- Manuscript Revised: 2 NOV 2009
- Manuscript Received: 10 SEP 2009
- 2RiesLAG, MelbertD, KrapchoM, et al, eds. SEER Cancer Statistics Review, 1975-2005. Bethesda, MD: National Cancer Institute; 2008. Available at: http://seer.cancer.gov/csr/1975_2005/ Accessed September 25, 2008.
- 6Health insurance and spending among cancer patients. Health Aff (Millwood). 2003; W3: 189-198., .
- 10United States Department of Commerce, Bureau of Economic Analysis. Available at: http://www.bea.gov/national/index.htm Accessed January 6, 2008.
- 11Household and medical provider reports on medical conditions: National Medical Expenditure Survey, 1987. J Econ Soc Meas. 1993; 19: 199-223., .
- 17Income, poverty, and health insurance coverage in the United States: 2005. US Census Bureau, Current Population Reports, P60-231. Washington, DC: US Government Printing Office; 2006., , .
- 22Cost analysis of screening for, diagnosing, and staging prostate cancer based on a systematic review of published studies. Prev Chronic Dis. 2007; 4: A110., , .
- 25AHIP Center for Policy and Research. 2008 HSA Census. Available at: http://www.ahipresearch.org/pdfs/2008_HSA_Census.pdf Accessed September 15, 2008.
- 26Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Breast and Cervical Cancer Prevention and Treatment Act of 2000. Available at: http://www.cdc.gov/cancer/nbccedp/legislation/law106-354.htm Accessed February 24, 2009.