Fax: (011) 33 4 91 22 36 70
Systemic therapy of inflammatory breast cancer from high-dose chemotherapy to targeted therapies
The French experience
Article first published online: 19 MAY 2010
Copyright © 2010 American Cancer Society
Supplement: Proceedings of the First International Inflammatory Breast Cancer Conference, Supplement to Cancer
Volume 116, Issue Supplement 11, pages 2829–2836, 1 June 2010
How to Cite
Viens, P., Tarpin, C., Roche, H. and Bertucci, F. (2010), Systemic therapy of inflammatory breast cancer from high-dose chemotherapy to targeted therapies. Cancer, 116: 2829–2836. doi: 10.1002/cncr.25168
- Issue published online: 19 MAY 2010
- Article first published online: 19 MAY 2010
- Manuscript Accepted: 14 JAN 2010
- Manuscript Received: 29 NOV 2009
- 14Disease-free and overall survival after pathologic complete disease remission of cytologically proven inflammatory breast carcinoma axillary lymph node metastases after primary systemic chemotherapy. Cancer. 2006; 106: 1000-1006., , , et al.
- 29High-dose sequential chemotherapy with recombinant granulocyte colony-stimulating factor and repeated stem-cell support for inflammatory breast cancer patients: does impact on quality of life jeopardize feasibility and acceptability of treatment? J Clin Oncol. 2000; 18: 754-764., , , et al.
- 31Dose-intensified chemotherapy and additional Docetaxel may improve inflammatory breast cancer patients outcome over two decades: results from Institut Curie protocols 1977–1987 and two consecutive French multicenter trials Pegase 02 (1995–96) and Pegase 05 (1997–99) [Abstract]. J Clin Oncol. 2004; 22: 848., , , et al.
- 36Randomized phase II trial of the efficacy and safety of trastuzumab combined with docetaxel in patients with human epidermal growth factor receptor 2-positive metastatic breast cancer administered as first-line treatment: the M77001 study group. J Clin Oncol. 2005; 23: 4265-4274., , , et al.
- 41Significantly higher pathologic complete remission rate after neoadjuvant therapy with trastuzumab, paclitaxel, and epirubicin chemotherapy: results of a randomized trial in human epidermal growth factor receptor 2-positive operable breast cancer. J Clin Oncol. 2005; 23: 3676-3685. Available at: http://www.jco.org/cgi/content/abstract/23/16/3676., , , et al.
- 43Phase II study of neoadjuvant docetaxel, vinorelbine, and trastuzumab followed by surgery and adjuvant doxorubicin plus cyclophosphamide in women with human epidermal growth factor receptor 2-overexpressing locally advanced breast cancer. J Clin Oncol. 2007; 25: 1232-1238., , , , .
- 46Preoperative therapy with trastuzumab and paclitaxel followed by sequential adjuvant doxorubicin/cyclophosphamide for HER2 overexpressing stage II or III breast cancer: a pilot study. J Clin Oncol. 2003; 21: 46-53. Available at: http://www.jco.org/cgi/content/abstract/21/1/46., , , et al.
- 53A phase II combination study of lapatinib and paclitaxel as a neo-adjuvant therapy in patients with inflammatory breast cancer (IBC) [abstract]. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2006; 100: 55. Abstract 1., , , et al.
- 56Phase II trial of neoadjuvant docetaxel with or without bevacizumab in patients with locally advanced breast cancer [abstract]. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2004; 88: S106. Abstract 2088., , , et al.
- 59Phase II feasibility trial incorporating bevacizumab into dose dense doxorubicin and cyclophosphamide followed by paclitaxel in patients with lymph node positive breast cancer: a trial of the Eastern Cooperative Oncology group (E2104) [abstract]. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2007; 106: S147. Abstract 3063., , , , .
- 61In vivo response-adapted dose-dense (dd) doxorubicin and cyclophosphamide (AC) followed by weekly carboplatin and albumin-bound paclitaxel (nab-TC) / trastuzumab (H) / bevacizumab (B) in large and inflammatory breast cancer (BC): a phase II study [abstract]. J Clin Oncol. 2007; 25. Abstract 11078., .
- 65Enhanced antitumour effect by combination of HER2-targeting antibodies with bevacizumab in a human breast cancer xenograft model [abstract]. Eur J Cancer. 2006; 4( suppl): 66. Abstract 213., , .
- 66Phase I combined biological therapy of breast cancer using 2 humanized monoclonal antibodies against HER2 proto-oncogene and vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) [abstract]. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2004; 88: S124. Abstract 3039., , , , .
- 67Phase II combined biological therapy targeting the HER2 proto-oncogene and the vascular endothelial growth factor using trastuzumab (T) and bevacizumab (B) as first line treatment of HER2-amplified breast cancer [abstract]. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2006; 100: S28. Abstract 301., , , et al.