Fax: (713) 745-1163
Prognostic factors derived from a prospective database dictate clinical biology of anal cancer
The intergroup trial (RTOG 98-11)
Article first published online: 19 AUG 2010
Copyright © 2010 American Cancer Society
Volume 116, Issue 17, pages 4007–4013, 1 September 2010
How to Cite
Ajani, J. A., Winter, K. A., Gunderson, L. L., Pedersen, J., Benson, A. B., Thomas, C. R., Mayer, R. J., Haddock, M. G., Rich, T. A. and Willett, C. G. (2010), Prognostic factors derived from a prospective database dictate clinical biology of anal cancer. Cancer, 116: 4007–4013. doi: 10.1002/cncr.25188
- Issue published online: 23 AUG 2010
- Article first published online: 19 AUG 2010
- Manuscript Accepted: 21 OCT 2009
- Manuscript Revised: 13 OCT 2009
- Manuscript Received: 2 AUG 2009
- RTOG. Grant Numbers: U10 CA21661, CCOP U10 CA37422
- National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, Maryland. Grant Number: Stat U10 CA32115
- 4Epidermoid anal cancer: results from the UKCCCR randomised trial of radiotherapy alone versus radiotherapy5-fluorouracil and mitomycin. UKCCCR Anal Cancer Trial Working Party. UK Co-ordinating Committee on Cancer Research. Lancet. 1996; 348: 1049-1054.
- 5Concomitant radiotherapy and chemotherapy is superior to radiotherapy alone in the treatment of locally advanced anal cancer: results of a phase III randomized trial of the European Organization for Research and Treatment of Cancer Radiotherapy and Gastrointestinal Cooperative Groups. J Clin Oncol. 1997; 15: 2040-2049., , , et al.
- 6Role of mitomycin in combination with fluorouracil and radiotherapy, and of salvage chemoradiation in the definitive nonsurgical treatment of epidermoid carcinoma of the anal canal: results of a phase III randomized intergroup study. J Clin Oncol. 1996; 14: 2527-2539., , , et al.
- 18Evaluation of survival data and 2 new rank order statistics arising in its consideration. Cancer Chemother Rep. 1996; 60: 163-170..
- 19The Statistical Analysis of Failure Time Data. New York, NY: John Wiley & Sons; 1980., .