Fax: (011) 972-4-854-2343
Adult patients with acute myeloid leukemia who achieve complete remission after 1 or 2 cycles of induction have a similar prognosis†
A report on 1980 patients registered to 6 studies conducted by the Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group
Version of Record online: 13 JUL 2010
Copyright © 2010 American Cancer Society
Volume 116, Issue 21, pages 5012–5021, 1 November 2010
How to Cite
Rowe, J. M., Kim, H. T., Cassileth, P. A., Lazarus, H. M., Litzow, M. R., Wiernik, P. H. and Tallman, M. S. (2010), Adult patients with acute myeloid leukemia who achieve complete remission after 1 or 2 cycles of induction have a similar prognosis. Cancer, 116: 5012–5021. doi: 10.1002/cncr.25263
See editorial on pages 4896–901, this issue.
- Issue online: 13 JUL 2010
- Version of Record online: 13 JUL 2010
- Manuscript Accepted: 22 SEP 2009
- Manuscript Revised: 10 SEP 2009
- Manuscript Received: 9 JUL 2009
- 3Studies of FLT3 mutations in paired presentation and relapse samples from patients with acute myeloid leukemia: implications for the role of FLT3 mutations in leukemogenesis, minimal residual disease detection, and possible therapy with FLT3 inhibitors. Blood. 2002; 100: 2393-2398., , , , , .
- 4Analysis of FLT3 length mutations in 1003 patients with acute myeloid leukemia: correlation to cytogenetics, FAB subtype, and prognosis in the AMLCG study and usefulness as a marker for the detection of minimal residual disease. Blood. 2002; 100: 59-66., , , et al.
- 8Prognostic significance of partial tandem duplications of the MLL gene in adult patients 16 to 60 years old with acute myeloid leukemia and normal cytogenetics: a study of the Acute Myeloid Leukemia Study Group Ulm. J Clin Oncol. 2002; 20: 3254-3261., , , et al.
- 16Definition of refractoriness against conventional chemotherapy in acute myeloid leukemia: a proposal based on the results of retreatment by thioguanine, cytosine arabinoside, and daunorubicin (TAD 9) in 150 patients with relapse after standardized first line therapy. Leukemia. 1990; 4: 184-188., , , , .
- 22A randomized placebo-controlled phase III study of granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor in adult patients (>55 to 70 years of age) with acute myelogenous leukemia: a study of the Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group (E1490). Blood. 1995; 86: 457-462., , , et al.
- 31Outcome of patients with acute promyelocytic leukemia (APL) in the pre-ATRA era: an analysis from the Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group (ECOG) [abstract]. Blood. 2002; 100: 3030a., , , et al.
- 33A simple, robust, validated and highly predictive index for the determination of risk-directed therapy in acute myeloid leukaemia derived from the MRC AML 10 trial. United Kingdom Medical Research Council's Adult and Childhood Leukaemia Working Parties. Br J Haematol. 1999; 107: 69-79., , , et al.
- 34Early blast clearance by remission induction therapy is a major independent prognostic factor for both achievement of complete remission and long-term outcome in acute myeloid leukemia: data from the German AML Cooperative Group (AMLCG) 1992 Trial. Blood. 2003; 101: 64-70., , , et al.
- 36Randomised comparison of addition of autologous bone-marrow transplantation to intensive chemotherapy for acute myeloid leukaemia in first remission: results of MRC AML 10 trial. UK Medical Research Council Adult and Children's Leukaemia Working Parties. Lancet. 1998; 351: 700-708., , , et al.
- 37Treatment of patients up to 60 years with high risk AML: Final results of the AML SHG-Hannover 01/99 trial [abstract]. Blood. 2006; 108: 433a., , , et al.