The first and second authors contributed equally to this article.
Phase 1 clinical trials in 83 patients with pancreatic cancer
The M. D. Anderson Cancer Center experience
Version of Record online: 24 AUG 2010
Copyright © 2010 American Cancer Society
Volume 117, Issue 1, pages 77–85, 1 January 2011
How to Cite
Vaklavas, C., Tsimberidou, A.-M., Wen, S., Hong, D., Wheler, J., Ng, C. S., Naing, A., Uehara, C., Wolff, R. A. and Kurzrock, R. (2011), Phase 1 clinical trials in 83 patients with pancreatic cancer. Cancer, 117: 77–85. doi: 10.1002/cncr.25346
- Issue online: 16 DEC 2010
- Version of Record online: 24 AUG 2010
- Manuscript Accepted: 25 FEB 2010
- Manuscript Revised: 4 FEB 2010
- Manuscript Received: 24 NOV 2009
- 1Annual report to the nation on the status of cancer, 1975-2005, featuring trends in lung cancer, tobacco use, and tobacco control. J Natl Cancer Inst. 2008; 100: 1672-1694., , , et al.
- 2National Cancer Institute. Surveillance, Epidemiology, and End Results. Available at: http://seer.cancer.gov/statfacts/html/pancreas.html Accessed November 15, 2009.
- 17Phase III, randomized study of gemcitabine and oxaliplatin versus gemcitabine (fixed-dose rate infusion) compared with gemcitabine (30-minute infusion) in patients with pancreatic carcinoma E6201: a trial of the Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group. J Clin Oncol. 2009; 27: 3778-3785., , , et al.
- 18Gemcitabine plus capecitabine compared with gemcitabine alone in advanced pancreatic cancer: a randomized, multicenter, phase III trial of the Swiss Group for Clinical Cancer Research and the Central European Cooperative Oncology Group. J Clin Oncol. 2007; 25: 2212-2217., , , et al.
- 23New guidelines to evaluate the response to treatment in solid tumors. European Organization for Research and Treatment of Cancer, National Cancer Institute of the United States, National Cancer Institute of Canada. J Natl Cancer Inst. 2000; 92: 205-216., , , et al.
- 25National Cancer Institute. Common Terminology Criteria for Adverse Events v3.0. Available at: www.ctep.cancer.gov/protocolDevelopment/electronic./ctcaev3.pdf. Accessed on February 4, 2010.
- 31National Cancer Institute. Pancreatic Cancer Treatment: Treatment Option Overview. Available at: http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/pdq/treatment/pancreatic/HealthProfessional/page5 Accessed on October 27, 2009.
- 36Phase I dose-escalation study of sodium stibogluconate, a protein tyrosine phosphatase inhibitor, combined with interferon-alfa for patients with solid tumors [abstract]. J Clin Oncol. 2008; 26 ( suppl). Abstract 3011., , , et al.
- 37Results of a phase I trial of KX2-391, a novel non-ATP competitive substrate-pocket directed SRC inhibitor, in patients with advanced malignancies [abstract]. J Clin Oncol. 2009; 27( 15 suppl). Abstract 3511., , , et al.
- 38National Institutes of Health. An open label phase I study to evaluate the effects of patupilone on the pharmacokinetics of midazolam and omeprazole in patients with advanced malignancies (NCT00420615). Available at: http://clinicaltrials.gov Accessed October 12, 2009.
- 39Combination trastuzumab, lapatinib, and bevacizumab in HER2+ breast cancer and other malignancies. 32nd Annual San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium, San Antonio, Texas, December 9–13, 2009., , , et al.
- 40Phase I study of tipifarnib and sorafenib in patients with biopsiable advanced cancer (NCI protocol 7156). J Clin Oncol. 2008; 26( 15 suppl): 3593., , , et al.